It must be good for me if it tastes this bad...

Posted by Reviewer2289479 on Dec 19, 2011

I'm a real fan of the regular sun warrior rice protein, and bought this hoping it would be even better... It's not. The nutrient profile might be - but it's really gluggly when mixed with water and into my smoothies, and it tastes pretty awful. Definitely won't be buying this one again.

Way too sweet

Posted by 4752791541697376261 on Sep 26, 2013

I should have listened to some of the reviews saying that this is really sweet. WAY too sweet for my liking, added it to my smoothie and really had to force myself to drink it all. Tried it with pancakes, those were a lot better so I guess that's the way I'm going to use it, but kinda feel like I wasted my money. :/ Going to give the natural one try next.

The New flavour sucks!

Posted by 5353086714034931520 on Dec 15, 2013

Although the texture has improved, the taste has actually gotten worse. The original flavour was nice but this doesn't even taste like vanilla. I hope Sun Warrior changes it. The new chocolate one is great though!

Nice texture but waay too sweet

Posted by 4623110765086371297 on Jan 02, 2014

I like how this product dissolves and blends into a smoothie and found it easily digestible, but the overpowering stevia sweetness is way too sweet for my palate. Have just reordered in the natural flavour.

Unpleasent taste

Posted by Reviewer2996191 on Jan 07, 2014

Been using sun warrior protein for awhile now but always went for the chocolate flavor. Decided to give the vanilla taste a go and got very disapointed. Way too strong almost artificial taste. Very hard to drink on it's own.

funny tast

Posted by 5554427687598330952 on Jan 27, 2014

takes time to get use to the tast

Not good taste

Posted by 5143799172254770643 on Jul 11, 2014

Taste is quite bad. Sandy and grainy. Goes ok in a smoothie though. Good nutritional value. Would not buy again.

new formula?!

Posted by 5028478026630391889 on Jul 31, 2014

I have been drinking this brand of protein for over a year and yet for my most recent order I found the taste to be completely different. I physically gagged after my first sip. I am so disappointed - it tastes chemical and has a terrible cardboard aftertaste. Sun Warrior, what happened??

They have changed the formula

Posted by Reviewer1235500 on Aug 11, 2014

Warrior blend vanilla has been my all time favourite protein powder for the last few years. The taste was absolutely amazing with a perfect texture. They have released an "improved taste" formula that tastes terrible. They are a great company and the nutritional value of their products in unparalleled but this tastes like chemicals (citrus + too much stevia). I hope they go back to the original formula as so many reviews are echoing this opinion.

Horrid on its own, okay when mixed in with smoothies

Posted by 5272956477839499598 on Feb 26, 2015

Having come from the Whey Proteins (which had a horrible effect on my skin) I came to the vegan alternatives. I do miss the artificial flavours in the Whey Proteins despite knowing how bad they are especially when you compare it to this particular Vegan Protein. I try having this vanilla flavoured one on its own after my workouts with some coconut or almond milk (with water it was quite gross and I don't eat much dairy to use regular or low-fat milk) but its taste was pretty bad to the point I couldn't keep it down or even finish it. It does have a pretty bad aftertaste as well not to mention the chalky texture. However, mixed with some Macca powder, banana, berries and coconut milk it goes down a bit better. The results of using it post-workout are quite similar to when I was using the whey proteins (minus the acne, thank you vegan protein!) although the amount of protein compared to carbs is slightly higher in this, but considering its health benefits over the whey proteins I can't complain not to mention I have it with milk. Having read the reviews for the original sun warrior vanilla and chocolate protein powders I'll give them a try next time around and see how it goes, but I don't think I will be re-ordering this one.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »