tastes bad

Posted by Reviewer3312205 on Apr 06, 2015

well, this one was my first protein powder, they say all of them taste bad, so it's hard to say.. personally to me - I feel I could stand it better if it was not sweated so hard (must be stevia, right?) but the sweetness of it really somehow turns me off.. and it probably can be hidden only in a berry shake, banana based or something.. but here go your carbs then, not so good uh?

Sun Warrior

Posted by Reviewer1686564 on Mar 15, 2015

I haven't try it yet, but i have heard that this is good

Sun Warrior, Warrior Blend

Posted by 5644551258764324087 on Aug 01, 2014

Horrible Stevia Aftertaste! Will Not Buy It Again. The Chocolate Flavor Taste Better.

Ok taste..

Posted by Reviewer2608410 on Feb 26, 2014

but my favorite is chocolate, will order same product but chocolate taste NeXT time.

Strong stevia flavor

Posted by 5512929879877074377 on Jan 28, 2014

This is an all natural, raw, vegan protein mix. It is totally different from many animal-based or processed protein shakes out there, which are often, if not natural and additive-free, at least very delicious. This was not delicious or, to me, even drinkable when mixed alone. If you are unfamiliar with stevia, as I was, you may have difficulty with this product. It took me a couple weeks to get a mix that I considered palatable (bananas, blueberries, and almond milk), and over a month to get used to the strong stevia flavor. I like the raw vegan protein concept, but the stevia is not for me and I will be trying the natural unflavored variety of this product next.

Average taste

Posted by 4834119876353793250 on Jan 02, 2014

Good raw vegan protein, but not sure about the taste. Will only be using this protein pancakes / cooking, not a nice enough flavour for smoothies.

Changed formula? Update: okay again

Posted by Reviewer1605635 on Oct 16, 2013

Update: this product has gone back to tasting good again, but I got 3 bad batches (that literally smelled like a dead dog) before getting a normal one again. I had to fight to get refunds for those 3 bad batches, so I am giving 3 stars for inconsistency and customer service issues. It's otherwise a great product and tastes great with a banana. Sun Warrior seems to have changed this formula without making any mention of it! I am soooo disappointed!!! I LOVED the old stuff and had been using it for about a year. The most recent package I ordered in a slightly different color (blue rather than gold) and lists the calorie count as 80 calories/serving (rather than the old 84 calories/serving). The taste of this new stuff is BAD. I contacted the company to inquire, but I am really bummed. If it's not broke, what are you doing Sun Warrior? And a company of this caliber needs to let its customers know when it changes the formula. Very disappointed.

won't buy this one again

Posted by 4981046692298680315 on Oct 01, 2013

the vanilla flavor is good and it dissolves well in water/soy milk, however it tastes kind of slimy. compared to the regular - not raw - protein by sun warrior i'd say it's worse. so i'm gonna go back to the regular one

Ok product except taste

Posted by Reviewer3331446 on Feb 01, 2012

Didn't much like the taste; too sweet and vanilla. Otherwise good product.