My fav anti-frizzer, and tips on curly hair control.

Posted by Reviewer3129018 on Mar 26, 2012

I have found great success with Suncoat's products for my fine curly hair. Here's what i do: My hair is still wet when i liberally apply this serum to it with my head hanging down (bent over). Still in the same position, i put a nice dollop of the Suncoat gel on my hand, spread it out over both hands, then stick/jab my fingers into my hair all over. If i jab and run your close-spread fingers through my hair, my curls come out fine, if my fingers are spread out and i don't run them through the hair, just jab, the curls are very large. So jab size, and run or not to run, can define your curl size. The gel, at this point, seems to fix the natural curls somewhat without making the hair feel crunchy later. Finally i add another dollop amount of some thick cream (nothing on iHerb cuts the mustard; i use AG Hair Cosmetics, Recoil bought at Curlmart) again in a fingers jabbing fashion into the hair mass, still with my head hanging down. I sometimes massage emu oil into the scalp and hair in the evening while the hair is still wet. Look up emu oil and find out its benefits. Let it air-dry or use a diffuser. Should the weather (humidity changes) try to poof-up my hair, my hair will be able to resist it generally, and wetting the hair a little (after it has dried) will get it back to the desired state. I had my hair midback-long 12 ya and didn't know about how to look after it, and it matted into a set of extreme dreadlocks. I had to cut my hair very short. Started growing it again 9 months ago successfully, forearmed with some reading and doing sensible experimenting. Hope this helps any curlies. iHerb, please carry the AG Cosmetics line. [Male with shoulder-length type 3A curly hair]

Great so far!

Posted by Reviewer1956852 on Dec 03, 2011

I have naturally very very frizzy hair. I've been using this for three days and so far it is better than any other de-frizzer I've used. It smells great, but isn't overpowering and feels clean and natural. I know it won't cause break outs too.

A very natural way to calm hair!

Posted by Reviewer2175995 on Jan 19, 2012

Suncoat offers some great alternatives to chemical hair products...this hair serum definitely makes your hair smooth and silky!

Wonderful Serum

Posted by Reviewer2544787 on Nov 17, 2011

This serum is fantastic! I looked everywhere to find an anti-frizz serum that didn't contain silicone and this is it! It leaves my hair silky and frizz-free. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to have shiny, smooth hair without heavy silicones.

Good for the frizz

Posted by username161 on Nov 23, 2012

I have quite fine but frizzy and oily straight hair, oil serums leave me lank and ick looking by nights end - this stuff is really good, keeps what little body I have in may hair, smooths the frizz, only draw back is that it leaves the ends a little crunchy (it is a very thin gel product) so I just make sure to brush them out when dry or add a teeny bit of oil to the very very ends. Impressed. Worth a try if you struggle with the more creamy or oily frizz products.

Great serum, great price!

Posted by Reviewer2964238 on May 04, 2013

This is the first calming serum I have used and I love it. It has a light minty smell, not greasy and takes care of my "fly-a-away" dry hair. It lasts all day which is great. I highly recommend this product.

seems okay

Posted by 4839964790182216380 on Jun 09, 2013

not sure about this. Comes in a big bottle. Use too much and it weighs your hair down. When used on wet hair, it has a rough finish. When used on dry hair, it smoothes nicely. Not sure if I would buy this again.

A fantastic natural frizz tamer

Posted by 5218743811344683915 on Jun 30, 2013

I love this product. My hair is fine, thin and very frizzy, and this serum is a lifesaver. At least one reviewer complained that it makes the hair hard. I use this in the evenings after washing my hair when my hair is still pretty wet. The next morning it may have hardened in places, but that disappears simply with brushing. My hair has never looked this lovely, I will reorder many, many times.

Very nice

Posted by 5363155563174333004 on Jul 14, 2013

Very nice

one of the best products ever!!!

Posted by 5595064083216374251 on Jan 23, 2013

This is a LOVELY product!! It gave me lots of shine and a nice hold that wasn't too strong. This will be a staple in my routine.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »