hair color

Posted by kidkounselor on Feb 06, 2012

love this stuff. looks great, hair shines, and no chemicals!

Surya henna

Posted by Reviewer2964930 on Nov 22, 2011

great alternative to strong colouring chemicals

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2233005 on Dec 02, 2010

There's not a whole lot more to say than what I titled the review with. It is a GREAT product! I used it, and I chose it because I didn't want chemicals in my hair and I also wanted to color my hair while pregnant and I was advised to use Henna as a means of doing so. I am VERY pleased with the outcome of color as well. Thank you iHerb for you great product.

Beautiful!

Posted by Reviewer2497296 on Dec 06, 2010

My dry hair after colouring feels smooth,healthier and shiny.Colour is a bit dark,almost black but very beautiful in sunshine,real chocolate.Cover all grey hair perfectly.

Good natural colour

Posted by Reviewer1324174 on Sep 03, 2010

Great hair colour, natural with no harsh chemicals and very easy to apply.

good alternative

Posted by Reviewer3299337 on Oct 15, 2009

I liked everything about this product except the dark red tones it created in my medium brown hair. But I have since gotten the light brown shade, and plan to keep using this brand. I was afraid it would stain my skin, but it actually washes off the skin fairly easily. I feel good about using this instead of a chemical color.

VERY GENTLE, beautiful color

Posted by 5764407993677192464 on Mar 30, 2013

the hair is smooth, the color is beautiful, no red in it. It's medium brown, not too dark. the scent is nice, not chemical at all. very easy to use. one tube is enough to due pretty long hair. will buy again!!!

beautiful hair!!! no gray!!!!

Posted by 4848770440843361411 on Mar 30, 2015

Love this product! No smell and works great on curly hair!!! I always buy a chocolate and black, love the result. My second time recordings.

Much easier than other henna mixtures

Posted by 4682919428244966379 on May 19, 2015

I use this product on my grey mustache and sideburns because I am VERY allergic to permanent hair dyes; within about 12 hours of application I get a rash with small blisters on the skin next to the treated hair even if I am very careful not to let the dye touch my skin. Besides the visible rash the skin is very itchy for a week after using ANY permanent hair dye. I've experienced NONE of those symptoms with this Surya Henna product. What I like most about this product is that it comes premixed and can be used over and over. I only need a very small amt to do the areas that I do. I have almost no grey hair on my scalp...just the head hair below the top of my ears... so far, at least!;-) The instructions say to simply remove the nozzle cap, rather cutting the tip off, if you intend to use only a portion of the contents at once. It doesn't seem to "go bad". Like any henna product, the coloring only lasts for several days and needs to be reapplied often; I use it once a week. However, it does work much better to give me a medium brown hair color (with red highlights): other henna-based products that I've tried mainly turn out red with a little brown tint to the hair. Since it is a premixed liquid, it is MUCH easier and cleaner to use; no mixing, no lumpy/crusty green mess to leave on for an hour... or two! I get the desired results leaving this product on for only 30 minutes, which is a HUGE time saver! Lastly, I had to sign a waiver to get this product shipped to me, since something in it is on California's Proposition 65 hit list for being a potential carcinogen. That did make me think twice, since I am treating hair near my mouth, but I refrain from eating or drinking while I have am doing the dying. Having lived in this state all my life, I know that Prop 65 often overreacts as do many of CA's overreaching environmental (and other bureaucratic) policies. I'm glad that I did opt to try Surya's product out. It works! I was ready to give up and live with the old man grey facial hair because the allergy consequences of proper coloration were unworkable and I didn't want to have red facial hair instead of grey hair!

No effect on dark hair

Posted by 5341293336078409574 on Jan 07, 2015

No effect on dark hair, but hair became smooth and shiny after applied