Decided not to use - has toxins just like the rest

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 15, 2016

Was fooled once again into thinking this is completely natural and free of toxins. But I'm afraid this range has colouring agents which have a questionable safety rating. To find out more go to EWG's Skin Deep Database on safety of various brands. I gave it away and resorted to Rainbow Henna range. I am now very satisfied and my hair looks wonderful. Sorry Surya, but it's a small percentage of your ingredients that worry me. (Feel free to visit my page for my 100 plus reviews by clicking on my username.)

Beautiful Swedish Blonde Henna! SAFE for your hair!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015

Surya Henna Cream colors while conditioning, moisturizing and revitalizing your hair. The formula is enriched with organic extracts and nourishes hair for increased luster, softness and elasticity. The unique coloring process does not strip the melanin from the cortex of the hair. Surya Henna Cream is a new concept in hair coloring and treatment; it won't harm your hair and your health. It is also guaranteed to cover gray and white hair on the first application! It is also safe for damaged and chemically treated and color treated hair.

Surya Henna

Posted by Julesea on Apr 01, 2014

I personally love Henna Products. Especially for the darker-red-brown tones, like chestnut. About two years ago I decided to go blond. I had strong, rich hair after a years of henna use,(and after giving birth to 5 children), but the calling for "change" cost me in its consequences (bleaching and using of L'Oreal and other products from drug stores:))on hair, hair loss both - in amount and in its quality:(. Expensive lesson! So now I am back with use of henna again. Regarding Surya Henna, it's great different feel on hair after even first use. With colour, it will be probably very different from person to person - so be aware of it! But still the potential "risks" are almost none compare to the products from chemist. It greatly condition your scalp and hair. This is also more gentle on your hair, than other hennas I experienced before. So just as conclusion - if you want to use darker tones, like browns, chestnut... I will not hesitate for a second with use of this henna, you simply can't go wrong. If you think to use it for dramatic blond or keep very blond shades or for roots, it vary in results. It didn't cover my roots the way I expected, but the effect on hair was still very good. You work with nice, safe, gentle, natural and nourishing product, so try it and you will gain your own experience:).

Awful gave my ash blonde hair a reddish tint, did NOT cover grey

Posted by Reviewer1273961 on Nov 01, 2013

I am a natural ash blonde. This product and the Swedish Blond product both turned my hair a reddish shade which I HATE. I am a natural ash blonde so any reddish tint looks terrible on me. It is not semi permanent, once the red is in you cannot get it out unless you do a permanent dye or bleach. Also did not cover the grey AT ALL. I DONT RECOMMEND this product unless you have a reddish tint to your hair. Dont buy it to cover the grey because it will not cover it.

A must have treatment

Posted by Butterfly on Dec 01, 2012

If you happen to have dry brittle hair that is in need of a bit of colour and shine, this is the ticket. This is by far the easiest ever colour/conditioner product all in one! My hair became super soft, shiny and had a nice goldish tint to it, I'm a natural blonde. One bottle lasts a long time, you don't need that much for the desired effect. I wouldn't want to use comventional hair dyes due to chemicals, but this is ok.

Henna

Posted by Reviewer2542287 on Nov 22, 2012

Great conditioning

Thrilled

Posted by 5012155781808969790 on Aug 21, 2012

I am thrilled with the product, the price and the customer service. iHerb.com is on my FAVORITES list. Barbara

hair color

Posted by Reviewer3101175 on Jun 11, 2010

This hair color did absolutely nothing to the color of my hair. I'm med-dark blonde.

henna

Posted by Reviewer1325559 on Mar 10, 2010

This was the wrong color. It is too light and so it does not do the job. I was not able to judge the color very well online. I don't know if there is another way to show the colors that would be better but if so perhaps that would help.

nice product

Posted by Reviewer1612004 on Feb 22, 2010

The product smells lovely and my hair felt nice afterwards. I noticed a small amount of coloring, not as much as I had hoped, but I think I might try a different darker blonde since I have dark blonde hair and the gray was only faintly colored.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »