Patty B-- Highland Michigan

Posted by Reviewer2005486 on Jul 13, 2008

Very satisfied with this product because of the natural indgredients rather than peroxides and harsh ammonia chemicals found in most hair color. The delivery time was excellent only 2 days from day of order. Thanks I will purchase this product again.Sincerely Patty B

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1845704 on Mar 05, 2012

I used this two weeks ago. I put the dark brown on the bottom, mixed the light brown in for the middle and straight light brown for the top layers of my hair. I absolutely love it!!! My gray hair now looks like light brown highlights and my hair is so soft and natural looking. My husband thinks I look 10 years younger!!! I had dark brown hair with lighter hightlights before I started getting some gray - but only about 10 % gray. My daughters with blonde hair tried it, and it didn't last.

Nice light brown, not for redheads

Posted by Reviewer1183567 on Mar 05, 2012

Have used this product for a few months now, turned my hair light brown as indicated. Does wash out gradually to a blonder shade, but looks natural in the process, leaving naural looking blends and highlights in the hair. My hair is dry and fine so it does help with body as well. Do not recommend to anyone having any natural red in their hair. Always do test strands first!

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1924024 on Jul 04, 2012

I was looking for something to get me back to my natural hair colour (light brown - reddish) after two years of getting slightly lighter half highlights to "disguise" my increasing amount of white. Left this in for about 15 minutes and it seems to have done the job! I love that I could just use a little from the bottle to touch up my roots if I wanted to. White hair is mostly covered (I would probably leave it on another 5 mins next time). Only thing is, the directions say to follow colouring with Henna conditioner, which is not included and not carried by iHerb. Oh well. I just didn't use any conditioner after rinsing, and my hair seems fine. Yay! Ordering more.

loving it!

Posted by 5047482987249365302 on Jan 25, 2013

Love this henna cream - easy to use, great grey hair coverage, hair feels very much alive after colouring.

Love this product!

Posted by Reviewer2964238 on Jul 11, 2014

For years, I have been using other so-called "natural" hair coloring products and the results were OK. But after reading up more on the ingredients and side effects, I wanted to find something that was truly natural and had no harmful ingredients. I decided to try Surya Henna cream in the light brown and am so glad that I did. It went on beautifully, covered better than any other product I've ever used, had no smell whatsoever, and left my hair looking better than it has in forever. I had about an inch or so of gray roots which I really concentrated on and then I lightly spread some of the cream through the rest of my hair just to give it even color and coverage. I left it on for about an hour and the results were amazing. The gray hair is now a golden brown and my hair is a multi-dimensional color now, vs a flat, one color result that I used to get from my previous brand. It also left my hair incredibly soft and manageable, something that I never got before. So all in all, I highly recommend this product! This is now my "forever" brand...

The best: color and bright

Posted by 5408603035792891914 on Aug 20, 2014

It´s the best I have ever used and I´ve tried a lot. It gives a very special bright and the color is great. If you have white hair you should mixt it with the dark brown. I´ve been mixting up both even with the golden brown to find my best brown. I live it for three hours to have the right color. I´ve found my perfect hair dye. Es el mejor tinte que he probado nunca y he usado un montón. El pelo queda brillante y con un color muy bonito. No cubre bien las canas así que hay que mezclarlo con el castaño oscuro. Incluso con el dorado. Una buena idea es dar el oscuro en la raiz y luego meclar para el resto del cabello. Lo mejor es probar. Ah, y mantenlo 3 horas.

not bad

Posted by 5179741904477545869 on Sep 24, 2014

ok, I have been using this for over a year without a problem then all of a sudden the sides of my head had a purple tint. I tried the message boards for some help type. I didin;t change anything in ym routine and bought 3 bottles at once., I think I got a bad batch. I now use the henna DARK brown and this does NOT have this issue.

Surya henna, good for gray

Posted by Reviewer2536026 on Jan 27, 2012

I've used the light brown, dark brown (really dark auburn) and sometimes either with a touch of black to make them less red. Was looking for something with fewer toxic chemicals than most commercial products. The Surya cream is not as chemical-free as plain henna powder, or indigo powder -- but I've found they don't cover gray well at all -- and the Surya is much better than commercial products that way. Very easy to use, just put cream on, cover, and let sit anywhere from 40 minutes to longer, and wash out. This also definitely conditions hair well. Color does wash out some each time you wash your hair, but I need to redo for roots long before lighter color is an issue. Best product I've found for compromise between no chemicals but practically easy and effective.

Surya Henna Cream, Light Brown

Posted by Reviewer2729554 on Nov 29, 2008

I have been using this hair color cream as an alternative to regular hair dyes for 2 years. It is gentle on the hair, the color is vibrant and it adds body to my hair. I highly recommend it.