Much better than Frontier Natural Products brand

Posted by Reviewer2576763 on Sep 05, 2013

I just purchased the large bag by Frontier Natural Products, and not having previously tasted cacao nibs I didn't know what to expect. When I received it in the mail, I noticed that the bag had a small puncture, but I tried them anyway. The taste was bitter and what I am guessing to be the taste of rancid nibs. I thought they were so nasty that I had thrown them away. Yet, I've heard how delightful the taste of cacao nibs were, so I went ahead and tried TerrAmazon brand. The taste of TerrAmazon is 5x better than Frontier Naturals. No bitter taste and really delicious. If this is your first time trying cacao nibs, they are not sweet. Just nutty with the smell of rich chocolate and crunchy texture. I add them to a homemade trail mix that includes nibs, mulberries, raisins, cashiews, pistachios, and goji berries.

Crunchy authentic taste

Posted by 4878833004074470087 on Sep 27, 2013

It's a little bit bitter but that's because no sugar was added. Tastes really authentic

Crunchy, Bittersweet

Posted by 4877049725693142163 on Mar 04, 2014

I bought the nibs to sprinkle in my trail mix - what a great addition. They are slightly sweet and add a nice hint of chocolate. Not sure I could eat too much entirely on their own as they are a bit bitter (as is any unsweetened cocoa) but they are a great little flavour complement.

Yum

Posted by 5302083956938093908 on May 21, 2014

I've tried a few different nibs but these by far are my favourite. They taste is great and I I love how the nibs are bigger/chunkiernibs than other brands.

Great!

Posted by 5139949681938491841 on Sep 26, 2015

Great taste, I put in into smoothies and yogurts and it's very crunchy and yummy :)

Great!

Posted by 4865991019844053040 on Nov 26, 2014

Nice and crunchy, not sweet at all. Great addition to bars and deserts.

Yumm!

Posted by Allymac on Feb 18, 2015

Creamy natural nibs. Great chocolate hit!

Tasty!

Posted by 5598399106105531991 on May 29, 2015

Really tasty, I prefer them over Navitas and other brands.

very good

Posted by 4847223854059433741 on Dec 12, 2015

I don't crave sugary chocolate anymore!

2nd time purchase

Posted by 4878543591055585858 on May 02, 2016

The nibs are bitter for anyone who doesn't know, but they add such variety to foods (esp cookies).

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »