Takes some getting used to

Posted by Reviewer3198957 on Jul 24, 2011

The first few times I tried The Ultimate Meal, I could only get halfway through before the gag reflex kicked in. I still can't finish a whole serving, but oddly enough, I am already craving this stuff first thing every morning. I think it's definitely worth a try. I can tell that I feel better all day after having it. The only really weird thing is having to "chew" each "bite" of liquid. I love that nothing in the ingredients is from China, for once.

Disappointing

Posted by Reviewer2109623 on Dec 27, 2011

I purchased this product after reading numerous rave reviews, only to be disappointed in more than one way. First of all, while it is purported to be kosher, the certifying kashrus organization, Kelemer, is not orthodox, and, therefore not recognized by those who typically care about such things. To the company's credit, they are in the process of working with the much better known and more highly respected Orthodox Union (OU) at the time of this writing. I did try it because I wanted it for health reasons. The taste was awful, and I'm usually very tolerant of "green" tasting concoctions. I found a way to make it more palatable by combining it with half a banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries, pomegranate concentrate, and a little lemon juice. Another problem, though, and the one that prevents me from using it, is the fact that it made me extremely constipated, even though it contains flaxseed and other sources of fiber. Finally, it just did not make me feel any better, or give me any more energy, which I realize is very subjective. However, based on other reviews, perhaps I was expecting too much.

the best one ever

Posted by Reviewer2172723 on Sep 02, 2011

I have been looking for a healthy powder for years, trying many different kinds. Finally I decided to spend to get this one, and I cant believe the difference. I love the taste- I am used to healthy foods. I feel like my body finally has everything it needs.

It's not easy being green

Posted by 4888780275337107811 on Apr 30, 2013

Firstly - iHerb, you rock. I live on the other side of the world and always dubious about internet purchases overseas but you have truly been fantastic. Thank you. Now - The Ultimate Meal - I was excited to receive this product after reading all the good and not-so-good reviews and wondered on Earth I was going to manage to digest this green meal. I have a viral infection that the Dr has advised will take a year to work out of my system (mosquito), and my immune system is struggling. We are coming into the winter months and with the "threat" of another bird flu season I really wanted to boost my health. I am the world's worst pill popper, (supplements) so this was my next best option. Well... I have chewed my way through the first smoothie (3/4 of it as I can't finish it). Surprisingly it didn't taste like grass, it didn't smell bad, I didn't gag, heave or throw up. I made it with a banana and almond milk (that's all I had at work) and it was... palatable! Now I am full and there's at least a 1/3 left in the container. Hmmmmmm I think I might need to adjust the amount/receipe to my needs as I would hate for this to go to waste. Thank you to all that encouraged others to buy this product, and thank you also for your very honest opinions. :)

Greatest meal replacement

Posted by MaievAshmoore on May 03, 2014

I've been using it, 2 times a day. My belly fat is getting smaller。I feel good and general well being.

GREAT supplement

Posted by Reviewer2716988 on Nov 21, 2011

I like that this product sustains my energy throughout the morning while not making me feel sluggish. I drink it with Naked's "Green Machine," a banana, and some frozen organic fruits, like mango and strawberry. It tastes just fine. It's actually perfect with just the juice. I prefer adding a little more juice so the consistency is not that thick. I can only compare it to Garden of Life's "Raw Meal" which is ... okay. It's cheaper and the taste is a little different; Ultimate Meal tastes more earthy. Both boast several nutritional values. My preference is Ultimate Meal, however. Raw Meal, for some reason, tastes like less of a product, if that makes sense. Overall, I'm pretty hooked on having this every morning before work and I also noticed, with exercise, it's gotten me a lot leaner.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3187892 on Nov 22, 2011

This is not an inexpensive product, thought it is worth every penny. Compare the ingredients in this product to anything else on the market and you will find that this is the original and other products are merely trying to live up to it.

Makes me feel good!

Posted by Reviewer1729244 on Jun 28, 2011

I have been taking this for a month, juz finished a can. I take it as suggested with banana and apple, in addition I added madre C and neocell collagen for my morning breakfast. I feel good taking it as I know it's packed with good stuff. I dun like taking breakfast but taking this is easy and I enjoy it thoroughly. It does have a vege taste which my daughter can't take the smell, it makes me regular and also reduce my craving for unhealthy food such as deep fried food.

great nutrition with good results

Posted by Reviewer1391013 on May 07, 2011

i was introduced to this product by my brother in law. i purchased this for my husband and i am happy with results. he has diabetics and it seems to work well with his diet. i like the fact that it has all vitamins/nutrition needed. i am happy with the product and will continue to use it.

Great product.

Posted by Reviewer2695524 on May 15, 2011

I have been using this since three days and the taste is nice and smooth. I mix it with apple and banana or fresh pineapple and it fills me nicely and I also feel that I have more energy.