| English
| USD ($)

The Ultimate Life, The Ultimate Meal, Eco-Size, 42.3 oz (1200 g)

Disappointing

Posted by Reviewer2109623 on Dec 27, 2011

I purchased this product after reading numerous rave reviews, only to be disappointed in more than one way. First of all, while it is purported to be kosher, the certifying kashrus organization, Kelemer, is not orthodox, and, therefore not recognized by those who typically care about such things. To the company's credit, they are in the process of working with the much better known and more highly respected Orthodox Union (OU) at the time of this writing. I did try it because I wanted it for health reasons. The taste was awful, and I'm usually very tolerant of "green" tasting concoctions. I found a way to make it more palatable by combining it with half a banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries, pomegranate concentrate, and a little lemon juice. Another problem, though, and the one that prevents me from using it, is the fact that it made me extremely constipated, even though it contains flaxseed and other sources of fiber. Finally, it just did not make me feel any better, or give me any more energy, which I realize is very subjective. However, based on other reviews, perhaps I was expecting too much.

What a surprise.

Posted by Reviewer2957637 on Mar 14, 2008

I bought this hoping to replace some meals and drop a few pounds, and read the other reviews about how good it tasted. Unfortunately, this is the most horrible tasting stuff I ever put in my mouth. I'm sure it is healthy, but I would rather be fat than have to choke this vile stuff down. However, it did help with my hunger. The violent green color was another problem for me. I had to close my eyes and hold my breath in order to drink this down.

Ultimate Meal is the best

Posted by Reviewer1503457 on Apr 24, 2008

I have been feeding this to my son since he was 2 years old and I think it's a great product. I hope he will eat it till he graduates from High School! :)

Yum!

Posted by Reviewer1016635 on Jun 11, 2008

Delicious and healthy - you can taste the peas!

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1709397 on Dec 25, 2007

i noticed an increase in my energy levels, and its quite filling. a good amount of protein.