Fabulous version of folate

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Feb 02, 2010

My husband requires a lot of folate for his methylation cycle (and B12, B6, and TMG). He wasn't able to take enough folic acid since apparently he doesn't metabolize it very well, and this 5-MTHF has been a gift. It gets past the conversion blockade by already being the conversion product.

Need to control the dosage properly.

Posted by BetterHealthSeeker on Nov 12, 2013

I bought 5-MTHF to see if my body needed folate. I have been "sick" for more than 20 years where I have fatigue problem. I had many hypothesis on the cause of my fatigue. One of them was MTHFr defect. I suspected I have undermethylation problem as I compared my symptoms to generally known symptoms. So, when I took 5-MTHF with Methyl-B12 and P-5-P , I felt better for a whole week, but the felt even worse the next week. Yup, overmethylation. So, I cut down the amount to half, and felt better back. But it is not constant and stabil. Still working on for the proper amount and timing. A piece of advice for beginners. Try to take excessively for the first 3 days and if you feel better that means your body need them. You will feel so bad after that, but you can then reduse the amount untill you feel constantly better. Oh, and the delivery service is fabulous.I live in Japan but still I would get the supplements after just 5 days of ordering. Even domestic delivaries would sometimes take 5 days. Thanks a million iHerb.

5-MTHF

Posted by StarLee on Mar 02, 2011

My 2 sons and myself need this form of folate for the MTHFR gene mutations. It is only a short time but one son has already had great benefits. Allow 3 weeks delivery by air mail to Australia or 1 week by courier.

Great for depression, low energy and insomnia

Posted by Reviewer2365398 on Aug 11, 2010

Because of chronic fatigue, I can barely function without this product.

Wow - what a difference

Posted by Reviewer2570739 on Aug 08, 2011

I started taking these at 5 a day like my old folic acid 5mg. Wow what a noticeable difference in just a short time. It really is fantastic but I find that I still need quite a high dose to feel the effects - 1-2mg (1-2 tablets) just isn't enough. Great that you can divide them up though throughout the day. Love them!

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2930470 on Jun 05, 2011

I was really glad to find this product. This company uses pure formulas. Great product if you need folate that is already methylated.

folate for those with absorption issues

Posted by truevitality on Dec 31, 2012

I use this form of folate for my clients who have the defective gene for MTHF especially where they have had miscarriage issues

Happy

Posted by 4833038607847991719 on Aug 28, 2012

Really happy with this product as I need it for MTHFR gene mutations. Great service and great price.

Improved my blood test results

Posted by Reviewer1868309 on Jan 29, 2014

I was "prescribed" this supplement by my naturopath after years of struggling with a B12 deficiency. I had even been subjected to B12 injections, both at the doctor's office and self-administered, and taken large doses of sublingual B12 supplements in an effort to build my blood. Because of multiple food allergies, I was possibly not absorbing nutrients as effectively. A month after starting this supplement, my blood test results were normal. Some people metabolize B12 and folic acid differently, and this form of folate, from a very reputable manufacturer, is the best.

Great Design...

Posted by Reviewer1063059 on Dec 10, 2009

this is a product i would like to know more about. i made a purchase. took it. and i absolutely felt a difference. thanks for asking. service is what it says it is... great!