Great quality but not that natural...

Posted by Healingbyrosie on Aug 18, 2012

I've been using this product for the more easily absorbable form of B12. It seems to have been working quite well however I would like to move away from it eventually to find a more natural source of B vitamins.

Thorne Research, Basic B' Complex 60 veggie Caps~ Seem too good to be True!

Posted by Reviewer2661116 on May 23, 2012

Has the right elements to benefit ones health, for shortages of B'complexes, however, the strength of B12, should be just a little higher like 600 mgs, instead of 200 mgs. so one won't have to take it 3 times per day!

Basic B complex

Posted by Reviewer1352062 on Sep 01, 2011

A bit too large in size and if swallowed awkwardly a very foul aftertaste After 6 months of use B levels have increased almost back to normal levels

Basic B complex or L Methylfolate

Posted by Reviewer3156578 on Oct 23, 2011

I thought I was purchasing the L Methylfolate caps when I ordered these. No loss, a little extra vitamin B is good for anyone.

Too strong

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Oct 03, 2016

Thorne Basic B complex is somewhat well balanced, but it's too strong. Too much thiamin - too much of everything. I like 10-20 mg of niacinamide, because it gives me relaxation and energy at the same time. There is a form of vitamin B3 called nicotinamide riboside, which converts into NAD+, but niacinamide is also converted into NAD, so I plan to stick with niacinamide. I like all the other B vitamins fairly low dose, especially B6, which gives me restlessness during the day and night. I empty out and trash most of the capsule (too messy to save) and I use 1/6 - 1/7 capsule 3 days per week. And I use 1/4 tablet of Megafood Balanced B Complex 4 days per week, but sometimes I will add a little extra niacinamide with the Megafood Balanced B Complex. I also take a little zinc from Earthrise spirulina gold plus (I use regular Earthrise spirulina also) , kelp, vitamin D3 (1400-1600 IU, which gives me 38-42 ng/mL), lecithin (natural choline and inositol) and occasionally a 50% dose of the RDA of SeMSC selenium (Methylselenocysteine/L-Se-Methyl-Selenocysteine 25-30 mcg maybe 3 times a month). I don't think I'm deficient in any other nutrient, but I'm looking into blood tests. I don't take multivitamins any longer. I don't think I need iron, copper, chromium, manganese and molybdenum. I want to avoid unnecessary and excess chromium and other metals. You can get chromium from certain spirulina products if you need chromium, but again, I definitely don't want or need chromium. I certainly test my blood sugar and my blood sugar is okay. I certainly don't trust my uncaring and almost useless doctor concerning blood sugar. Country Life Realfood organics multivitamins (made mostly from food) are basically chromium-free multivitamins (and free of most minerals), but they have cyanocobalamin and too much folate for me. However, I'm still considering using Country Life organics multivitamins. A children's multivitamin might be an idea for people like me who like low-dose B complex vitamins and certain low-dose minerals, but many of them have sugar, synthetic folic acid and too much chromium, etc. I wish they made a low-dose B complex with 100% of the RDA or less in mostly active forms like this Thorne Basic B complex, but with maybe 50 mcg folate maximum and low in biotin, maybe 50 mcg of biotin.

Thorne Research, Basic B Complex, 60 Veggie Caps (THR-10403)

Posted by Reviewer1589911 on Jul 07, 2013

I do not really know what to say, I do not feel anything different. But It must be good!

medically needed

Posted by Reviewer2419699 on Jan 29, 2015

Need this as my DNA does not have these requirements and I have always been tired.

Capsules are on the larger side

Posted by 4828874234867250422 on Nov 16, 2015

I love Thorne products and will continue to buy all my supplements from Thorne. However due to having a Lapband these specific tablets are too big for me to take. Other than that, no obvious side effects but did feel a lot better after taking them (when able).