Best digestive helper

Posted by 5484313341976354814 on Jan 24, 2016

I have tried several different supplements to help my digestive system and this is by far the best of them all! No more bloating, pain or unpleasant feelings after eating. I take one with each meal.

No more prescription meds for Acid-Reflux in over a year

Posted by Reviewer2665014 on Sep 08, 2011

I started with Bio-Gest in the fall of 2010 after an MD's solution to my extreme heartburn from Acid-Reflux was for me to take twice as much of his prescription and give up all coffee. As a commuter with 12 hour days, that was not my solution. A naturopath recommended Bio-Gest to me and it works. Rarely do I experience heartburn at all and it has never been like it was with the prescription. I've learned that Bio-Gest helps me digest food (and nutrients) whereas the prescription blocked digestion. I am SOLD on this supplement!

Good stuff!

Posted by juliaheis on Jun 01, 2012

These enzymes are excellent. They really seem to help digestion, and I love the fact that they have no magnesium stearate in them. I also like the fact that they have betaine hydrochloride, plus pepsin, plus pancreatin, etc.

Love them

Posted by adechamplain on Apr 14, 2013

These were recommended by my nutritionist and actually I test my supplements with my chiro who does kinesiology and the previous brand I was taking didn't test well at all but this one tests really good for me. I take only one with each meal. I really trust Thorne products. I use them in various forms and am always delighted. They don't use toxic products in this capsuling methods etc unlike the majority of other brands.

Works very well

Posted by Reviewer2836604 on Aug 11, 2011

Excellent. Really can't manage without this.

Chronic reflux and Digestive Complaints

Posted by 5458583111957260643 on Jan 07, 2015

I started taking Biogest on December 18th and noticed improvement as soon as I started taking them. The belching after eating has been significantly reduced, swelling in my tummy has gone down and some of my hypersensitivity to smells has started to calm down. I have a way to go but Bio-Gest has been a godsend to me!

Bio-gest

Posted by Reviewer2284924 on Mar 05, 2012

I trust Thorne products more than others because of the fillers other companies use. I have been using 1 cap of Bio-gest before meals for 2 weeks and I do not feel so yukky after a meal.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3322916 on Apr 03, 2013

I can't be without this. Helps with the digestion of food.

It helps but contain silicon dioxide

Posted by HorseMan on May 10, 2014

It helps for digestion but I prefer supplement without harmful ingredient - silicon dioxide. Will try another brand next time.

Capsules are made out of SYNTHETIC material Hypromellose!!

Posted by 5026282378517886029 on Dec 10, 2016

I didn't experience much improvement with my digestion. Me eating healthy diet helped more than these capsules. Also the buyers of this supplement need to be aware that these capsules are not entirely veggie caps. One of the casing's component is Hypromellose (Vegetable grade). Hypromellose is short for Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC). Hypromellose is loosely described as vegetable-derived cellulose. It’s a synthetic version of gelatin derived from cellulose made from plant fibers such as wood from tree trunks that’s been extracted and then treated with various chemicals throughout the production process to make a polymer. The resulting HPMC is then mixed with water to form the vegetarian capsule material. The FDA has determined it GRAS (generally recognised as safe). This basically means HPMC isn’t required to be adequately studied for proof of safety. So this begs a question, why would anyone in their right mind eat anything that contains Hypromellose in any shape/form or quantity when no one has tested it for safety in humans!