Thorne Research, Buffered C Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Apr 13, 2016

Not the best tasting but gentle on the stomach

Brilliant!

Posted by 5346580066875439047 on Mar 19, 2015

Quick and easy way to get good quality vitamin C. Just mix it in water and drink. This is my first purchase from iHerb and it was so quick and easy that I will definitely be buying all my supplements here from now on.

Great source of vitamin C

Posted by 5667346556358198660 on Mar 07, 2015

Great source of vitamin C. Take it on it's own, or add it to your smoothies.

Easy

Posted by 5557273887390567554 on Jan 29, 2015

Easier to take than capsules or tabs. Effective.

Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1717081 on Nov 13, 2014

Like Thorne products

Ms

Posted by 4839883104639165066 on Oct 19, 2014

Easy on the stomach, easy to take, seems to take a bit too long to mix but manageable.

Christine Tross

Posted by Reviewer2540514 on Sep 10, 2014

Thorne is a brand I always trust...excellent

absorption seems low

Posted by Reviewer1625695 on Jun 16, 2014

I am by no means an expert on Vitamin C, but the absorption rate of this powder seems very low. I switched to it from a different brand with almost exactly the same ingredient breakdown. That other product produced noticeable G.I. activity within an hour or so, which is what you would expect with a large dose of Vitamin C being rapidly absorbed in the intestines on an empty stomach. This product, however, does not produce any noticeable G.I. response. My urine also seemed more pungent and quite a big more vibrant in color than usual, which tells me that a lot of the Vitamin C is not being absorbed and is simply leaving my system. It's also not nearly as effervescent as the other product is. It barely fizzes at all, whereas the other one fizzes like a soft drink. I've switched back to the other product for now. I wish I knew more of what was going on, because just going by labels this should be virtually identical. I'm going to keep looking and see if I can nail down the differences.

Might not be great for vitamin C flushes.

Posted by MissyK on May 31, 2014

I bought this to do a vitamin C flush - the results I got indicated that the vitamin C I was using wasn't great according to the Naturapath who suggested vitamin C flushes. Don't know if the results are the same with other vitamin C's - will update the review if I learn more. If my review was helpful, click YES below!

Great for ibs

Posted by 5372623657470642588 on May 22, 2014

I used it for the vitamin c flush and works well enough. No stomach discomfort of any kind even when consumed in large amounts on an empty stomach.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »