Thorne Research, Calcium D-Glucarate, 90 Veggie Caps

Just great!

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 24, 2012

This supplement is much needed these days when we get a lot of estrogen-like compounds from our food and environment (plastic bottles, soya, cosmetics, polluted water, canned food and so on...). Excess estrogen turns into bad type of estrogen which is linked to many types of cancers and other diseases as well. This supplement helps your body to get rid of excess estrogen and detoxifies liver. If you tend to gain weight on thighs and bottom you may have a problem with too much estrogen. And if there is too much estrogen in one's body it means that the other hormones are out of balance as well: hormones work together and if one goes up, others will have to adjust to that which causes other hormone-related problems. For example too much estrogen prevents normal function of thyroxin. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This Thorne Research product is great because it doesn't contain any fillers or additives. Also it's cheaper than the others because each capsule is 500 mg (others are usually just 200 mg per capsule). So I think this product is better than the others by quality and price!

helps estrogen dominance

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Mar 31, 2012

Since going into perimenopause I've been having PMS symptoms three weeks out of the month: weight gain, breast tenderness, insomnia, weeping. I realized these are all related to estrogen dominance. I started taking the Calcium D-Glucarate 3x/day, along with DIM. I am also taking liver detox supplements like choline, methionine, and inositol. My symptoms have disappeared.

cheryl Australia

Posted by Reviewer1574138 on Jul 07, 2010

In my research on menopause,I came across information on this product. Now I realize due to my enviroment and lifestyle it seems more like estrogen overload. These tablets will help flush the bad estrogen out of the body.I take 2 a day along with DIM and a non synthetic progesterone cream.I am feeling a lot better in myself thanks to availabilty of such wonderful products, and great service.

Good for libido

Posted by Reviewer2025838 on Feb 15, 2010

My testosterone levels test on the low side but not low enough for hormone replacement. These do the trick for improving libido and I've noticed my night vision is much better and colors are more vivid. I take three a day in the a.m.

Fabulous

Posted by Reviewer3099437 on Apr 24, 2010

This stuff is great fo flushing out excess estrogen or testosterone from the system. It bionds to hormones once they have been used to the body and takes them out through the urine so that they are not reused by the body (which causes overload of hormones). Between this, NOW krill oil, and Chaste Tree/ Vitex/Chaste tree berry, my hormones are finally coming into balance.