Great Product, Great Company, Good Value

Posted by TheGeneral on Jan 31, 2013

First, they list these as a veggie cap which means it is a capsule not a caplet or soft transparent capsule. It looks like any other capsule, but the capsule part is not plastic based but vegetable based. I chose Thorne because of their integrity and quality and research and I wanted a small MV in a capsule for my 10 year old daughter. I have her take 2/3s of the daily dosage. She has only been using these for about 2-3 weeks and here is what we have observed. My daughter says she feels healthier and has more energy. She dances about 7 hours a week in addition to her normal kid activities. We, the parents, have noticed that she is not as hyper and more alert and has not succumbed to any colds, etc that most of her friends have. She also seems to be more alert and not as drained in the day or evening from all her activities. Her disposition is also more calmer and pleasant. In the past with other MVs she would complain of periodic stomach aches or feeling slightly upset. This would make it very difficult for us to convince her to take them. With these, they are easy to swallow, do not upset her stomach, and she sees their effectiveness in how she feels. Even though we still have to encourage her to take her MV it is not such an effort as before. As stated in my review of Thorne'S Basic MV, I think the reason for us and her not getting upset stomachs like we use to from tablet based vitamins that use the lower grade vitamin Bs. Like I mentioned in my Thorne Basic MV review I find the vitamins absorb well and I can tell this because of the color of my urine. I plan on making these our staple MV as long as Thorne maintains their quality, integrity, and value. They are a pricey, but given that they have better quality of vitamins and minerals and it comes in a capsule it makes it worth it to us. The capsules are not large and they are easy to swallow. With regards to iHerb, they are a class act in their customer service and to me they have earned my business especially with their incentives and shipping cost. One thing I would encourage most reviewers to do is invest your time and try to provide more information on the products you purchase instead of just saying how great iHerb is. As for me and probably other reviewers and customers, having informative and honest product reviews enhances this community and enables iHerb to offer only the best and effective products to its customers. Remember, if they can reduce their inventory cost and only supply effective and high quality vitamins, we all win out. It is a true win-win.

great

Posted by Reviewer2164061 on Feb 28, 2012

Our 10 year old commented that she could tell a big difference in her energy level after taking 3 pills a day for 2 weeks. The pills are small and easy for her to swallow with milk. Compared to other children's vitamins with all the sugar, this one is very wholesome. Highly recommended.

Childrens multivitamins in gel capsules

Posted by Reviewer1497090 on Jan 08, 2012

Great product for high quality general purpose multivitamin for kids. We use these as a general multivitamin, recommended for Autistic kids (very very sensitive to supplement quality). Our kids (3 1/2+) can swallow these smaller than normal gel capsules, which is great as these can't be mixed with water or juice (taste bad like most multi's). You have to take many of these (we only do 3 each per day instead of the recommended 6) so the quantity in a bottle is great. A good general guideline when taking other supplements - it's good to include a multi as other supplements are likely to leech away some vitamins/minerals. The hope is that the multi limits any potential deficiencies.

Easy to swallow

Posted by Reviewer1751750 on Nov 05, 2010

These pills are easy for my 8 year old to swallow.

Best Children's Multi

Posted by Reviewer2969335 on Dec 19, 2010

This is the best children's multi that I have found after extensive research. It forms the foundation of my kids' nutritional protocol.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1408411 on Nov 10, 2009

We are using this multi-vitamin for our two boys for one year and we are extremely satisfied. Excellent ingredients and we're mixing the content of each vcap through yoghurt. They don't notice the vitamins in the yoghurt and they don't have to swallow the capsules. Highly recommended.

Thorne Research, Children's Basic Nutrients, 180 Veggie Caps

Posted by 4949703616914253142 on Nov 13, 2014

Kids have 3 each in the morning recommended by our paediatrician so far so good. Many books I have read have recommended the Thorne range best book I have found is Radical Medicine a must read.

perfect child multi

Posted by 5107289244853456397 on Mar 19, 2016

i used to buy pure multi, this Wired my three year old toddler. not with this. my six year old is glowing! with just two pills a day, her skin is shining! and her hair is bright thick awesome.

Love these for my toddler..

Posted by Reviewer3060619 on Jun 15, 2010

We do 2 caps a day for our toddler. I mix the contents (very easy to get the powder out) into Trader Joe's apple yogurt because it has a low sugar content compared to most yogurts and she asks for her "ice cream" every morning! This is amazing since Ive spent a small fortune on supplements for her that had alot less vitamin content that she wouldnt touch. Gummi's hard chewables, liquid.. you name it. So excited that I can give her such a quality multi without a fight!

Teen likes it

Posted by Reviewer3081414 on Jul 27, 2011

My 13 year-old says that he is sleeping so much better since taking this! Seems to work.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »