The SUNSHINE vitamin

Posted by eathealthy on Jun 29, 2013

Get your sunshine vitamin in this easy to swallow size capsule! Thorne is a reputable brand used by naturopaths in North America! If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

buying from overseas

Posted by Reviewer2041959 on Nov 13, 2010

Exactly the same product as my doctor had me get here in Australia only one third of the price. Highly recommend buying from iHerb.com. Really fast shipping and came through customs with no problem.

Easy to Swallow capsules

Posted by Reviewer1751211 on Jan 30, 2010

I was amazed that one of these small capsules could contain 5000 mg while only one of the 1000 mg caps I purchased elsewhere were at least twice as large. These must have a much more concentrated formula with less filler. They are easy to swallow.

Best Vitamin-D EVER.

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

In order to enjoy optimal health, we should maintain a vitamin D blood level of ≥50–99 ng/ml. Without sun exposure, to reach a level of 50 ng/ml requires taking a 5,000 IU/day vitamin D supplement. For those of you who don't really know about vitamins, Thorne Research is one of the best companies to purchase from. They are more expensive, but their products are pure and they use quality ingredients (including the construction of their delivery system capsule). It is a lot to explain, but this is a great vitamin. Worth every penny. (No, I do not work for Thorne). . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

Top Quality Product

Posted by adechamplain on Jul 07, 2013

I love Thorne Research. I used to use a dropper for vitamin D but I prefer these. The capsules are tiny and I think 5000IU is probably the best dose for me and most people as most people are deficient in vitamin D. Low levels of vitamin D are closely related to incidences of Cancer and insuring you keep your vitamin D (25OH) levels in the optimal range is very important. Ask your doctor to monitor this yearly and inform yourself as to what optimal ranges are rather than the "normal" range as you know that most people are deficient and who wants to be normal.

I am satisfied with my purchase

Posted by Reviewer2096277 on Oct 29, 2010

The product arrived as scheduled and in good condition.

Just what my friend ordered

Posted by 5569295129146793905 on Mar 10, 2014

I read about Thorne D-5,000 in a Finnish health-experts' book. In Finland vitamin D is especially important during winter (October to March) and lack of vitamin D, or a poor excuse for a D-pill, won't go unnoticed. This kept me going the last six months. As it has been an exceptionally dark season without sunlight this year (all rain and no snow make light a no-show), I'm sure that if Thorne was a low quality vitamin-D, this would have shown very quickly. I was very happy with my purchase. Two boxes were enough for six months. Easy to use, no taste, not too big capsules.

Thorne makes many of the cleanest products

Posted by Reviewer2990905 on Feb 09, 2010

I'm sure this will be great form of D3.

Improved Resistance

Posted by Reviewer1995587 on May 03, 2010

I know it's not scientific proof, but ever since I have been taking this D3 supplement, I have gone more than 2 years without a cold or virus episode, even made it through the H1N1 flu scare without a flu shot. Even though I get a lot of sun exposure, this D3 seems to really work well with my body and do the things D3 is supposed to do for increased health.

Natural vs. artifical

Posted by Reviewer2100480 on Mar 23, 2010

My vitamin D level had been low for 2 years and each time the Dr. gave me a prescription for synthetic vitamin D which I refused to take; way too many side effects. Thorne was recommended and we've been a match ever since.