Twinlab, Copper Caps, 100 Capsules

PERFECT - Tiny capsules that work - SEE NOTE RE GREY HAIR

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 29, 2015

GREY HAIR - if you're taking copper for grey hair, it pays to be aware that copper - in the presence of low methionine and/or glutathione - could either not work, or cause MORE grey hair. LOW METHIONINE can lead to a build up of hydrogen peroxide in hair follicles, reduced tyrosinase effectiveness, and a gradual loss of hair color - refer PUB MED 1-9-2-3-7-5-0-3. COPPER is a component of Cu-Zn SOD, which catalyses superoxide radicals into oxygen - OR - hydrogen peroxide. The outcome can be affected by low levels of methionine (as above), enzyme inhibition OR glutathione and/or its co-factors. GLUTATHIONE PEROXIDASE is needed to reduce free hydrogen peroxide to water. It's a SELENIUM-containing enzyme, NAD is a co-factor. INSOMNIA - Are you a night owl? Low copper can cause insomnia. HISTAMINE ISSUES? Copper is a natural anti-histamine, required for Amine oxidase (aka histaminase/diamine oxidase). I don't understand why anyone would chelate copper into oblivion unless proven copper dysfunction (e.g. Wilson's Disease). Many physiological processes rely on copper (e.g. Tyrosinase, Nitrite reductase, Catechol oxidase, etc). If you find yourself with CFS/ME, MCS, food intolerances - (histamine aside) consider things such as foods that are known to contain enzymes like Polyphenol oxidase, which could exacerbate low copper issues. Also be aware of copper antagonists/synergists, enzyme inhibitors/hidden chelators such as EDTA, citrate/citric acid. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Hyperthyroidism

Posted by Reviewer1809365 on Feb 17, 2010

I started on copper for my hyperthyroidism. I started to feel better a few months after taking it.

Aneurism

Posted by Reviewer2240367 on Oct 20, 2009

Great price. My Dad died of aneurism and I read people who died of aneurism were deficient in copper. So I'm taking this as a prevention to aneurism if anthing else. Please continue selling this iHerb and thank you for your great service and low prices.

Twinlab Copper Caps

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Sep 12, 2009

To be honest I'm hoping this will keep the grey hair at bay... Of course, vanity aside, copper is an important mineral. It's too soon to know how well this will benefit my body, so it's hard for me to give this a rating, however Twinlab are supposed to be a quality brand. I only take this three times a week; too much copper is baaaad. I take it at a different time of day to my zinc supplement, too. They compete for absorption. And not with a high-fiber meal.

<<< Small and easy to swallow >>>

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

Small and easy to swallow for those of us that hate swallowing pills. I really love the fact that it is chelated. However, it has magnesium stearate, which is used to keep the product from sticking to machinery during processing. I suggest taking it with a meal to avoid an upset stomach. I have experienced stomach discomfort and nausea when I have taken it on an empty stomach.