It works!

Posted by Reviewer1971093 on Mar 30, 2010

I waited to review this until I got my blood work back. Holy mackerel! Between this and the red yeast rice I ordered from iHerb, my total cholesterol went down over 70 points, and my HDL went up 20. I began taking the niacin with some 50mg tablets and gradually increased it 50 mg every 3 days. I am now taking one 500mg capsule twice a day, and the flushing is minimal and short lived. I am just so happy that I will not need to go on statin medications because of the effectiveness of these natural remedies from iHerb.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer2377105 on Jan 21, 2010

I take one with breakfast, one with lunch and one with supper and my cholesterol has lowered with a very high HDL. Great stuff!!!

Start your Niacin therapy with these

Posted by Reviewer2801845 on Nov 19, 2010

With Dr's input, I started Niacin therapy with these to get used to the flush (now not noticable) over a 8 week ramp up to 1,500 mg. I use at night with lots of water. Step up in 500 mg stages.

Niacin and cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2744394 on May 29, 2008

I was concerned about recent reports of the detrimental effects of cholesterol lowering drugs, so a doctor recommended niacin along other things. My cholesterol went down into the normal range within three months! I'm thrilled with these results.

Niacin Flush

Posted by Reviewer2865107 on Jun 08, 2010

Be prepared for the niacin flush even when taken with food, that lasts at least a half hour which feels like a sunburn. I trust the this is a good product and appreciate the simple ingredients. Will continue to use as this is the form of niacin that cuts down on cholesterol level.

Excellent product, great value, quickly shipped*

Posted by Reviewer2934919 on Jul 26, 2011

I have put myself on Niacin therapy to control my cholesterol. I've done significant research and found the crystalline form to be the best. You do experience some flushing with the product, but it virtually disappears after about a week of usage.

Very good quality

Posted by 4683000223110533003 on Dec 11, 2012

I like that you notice the absorption of this brand right away. You will get a high-intense flush at this level of mg. so beware it comes on fast and is intense. I have noticed that if you eat first and then take it, the flush won't be as extreme. I would not recommend taking it on an empty stomach. I personally like the flush as I know it is working and I am now no longer bothered by it.

Works as expected - recommended

Posted by Reviewer3145511 on Mar 24, 2011

This product is working as I expected it to; it has reduced my cholesterol. It does produce the normal niacin flush, however I solved this by pouring the contents of the capsule into my breakfast smoothie as I mix it; no more flush. If you cannot do that, take it just before a meal. Also, kudos to iHerb's service and shipping - they do a great job for a great price.

Fast working

Posted by Reviewer2086852 on Dec 21, 2011

Starts working in about 10 minutes, not delayed.

Fast working B-3

Posted by Reviewer2271430 on Sep 14, 2010

Straight niacin that is supposedly safer to use than the slow release, Does cause some flushing depending on how you take it (ice water & some food or just water) cold water & food seem to minimize flushing at least for me.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »