Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer2369661 on Jul 01, 2012

These bitters from Urban Moonshine are a real treat, and they really work! My digestion has not been the best in the past few years, and I was intrigued by this product. At first when I started taking it, I didn't really notice a difference. (I was taking it quite soon before meals at first.) But then I tried taking it after meals, or in the morning when I got up. I discovered that taking it in the morning is the best way for me. It really stimulates my digestion and gets things moving! So now every morning upon arising, I take a dose of bitters. I try to make sure to take them first thing after I get up, awhile before my first meal. (I also think that each person is unique, and different schedules for taking them may work differently for other people, so I think people may need to experiment a bit like I did.) And I love the the earthy bittersweet taste of this product. I think it takes getting used to because in our culture we are not accustomed to bitter flavors. But after taking it for awhile, you grow to enjoy the flavor. And another thing I have learned taking them is that one should not take the bitters and then chase them down with water or juice to get rid of the flavor- it defeats the whole purpose! Bitters are NOT a laxative but a stimulant, and it's the bitter flavor that gets things flowing. So leave that bitter taste in your mouth and learn to love it! I am so satisfied with this product that I requested that iHerb carry bigger bottles, and I just ordered another bottle last month. These bitters are a true delight and a treasure among herbal medicinal products. I hope this review is helpful for someone.

Working great

Posted by Reviewer1456925 on Jul 20, 2013

Thanks to the good reviews, I gave this a try. It helped right away. I was having problems from something I ate that I didn't realize was toxic for me and my symptoms suggested I had inflamed my liver and/or gallbladder and I wasn't producing bile. I can actually feel the bile producing after taking this and my symptoms started to go away almost immediately. Like another reviewer, it works better for me if I take it a little extra while before I eat. I also take it after each meal as the bottle suggests. The same reviewer said to not chase it with a drink and I agree with that. I thought the taste would be awful, but I actually like it - maybe because I know it's going to help. After just a few days of taking this all my symptoms of inflammation have left. I'm going to buy the large size next time and get some for a friend who has IBS. It's nice to buy from a small family owned business that makes a really good product.

taste good

Posted by Reviewer3237124 on Sep 22, 2011

like orange licor, good for digestion

Calming bitters

Posted by 5463533279571981493 on May 20, 2014

Love this product, it calms my stomach right away! Lovely bitter taste. Truly a high-quality product.

great addition to an drink

Posted by 5592874553750513414 on Dec 29, 2014

always makes my drinks tastier and helps to make my stomach feel better