Best Vegan Protein Powder Out There

Posted by theimmortal on Mar 26, 2012

This stuff is amazing! Expensive, but amazing! In Australia we have available soy protein (kinda tastes okay, but not the healthiest option, especially if you are trying to minimise soy), rice protein (kind of grainy and not high enough protein content), and pea protein (gross, gross, gross and doesn't mix well). Vega Performance Protein is awesome because it is a mix of FIVE different proteins, so it is a good mix and gives HIGH protein content from a MIXED source, and whats best is that it TASTES GOOD and it MIXES REALLY WELL. I've only had the vanilla, and generally whatever I have just tastes vanilla-ey, but I have it once/twice a day for muscle building and mix it with any variety of oat milk/almond milk/or cocounut milk and frozen berries... and it just tastes so good, and so smooth. It doesn't work out to be that much more expensive than the non-soy protein powders I can buy in Australia, but it so much better on so many levels, this is the best addition to my diet since becoming vegan years ago.

New forumla tastes WAY better!

Posted by Reviewer1003498 on Jan 04, 2012

I was so mad when VEGA came out with this new formula, because I thought the old one tasted just fine. (Not "good," but it wasn't hard to drink, by any means). So when I saw that their "new & improved" formula was $20 MORE than the old one, I was furious! I didn't think the taste was that bad. But iHerb saved me, by offering this new kind for less than the cost of the old formula! Phew, thank you, iHerb! I got this new formula in the mail (super quickly, as always. iHerb has lightening-fast shipping/processing) and I drank it today. The new formula is absolutely delicious. It really tastes like a vanilla shake. And it looks like one, too! The old formula was green and had coarse bits in it that would get left over in the bottom even though I shake mine up with a malt shaker prior to drinking. This new formula smells amazing in the powder form, and it's no longer green when you mix it with water. It's now a creamy off-white color and it's so much smoother. The powder is more fine than the old version, light & fluffy. And it goes down the hatch smoother. I can drink ALL of it. The old version, I'd have to leave the last .5" at the bottom of the cup because it was full of particles that didn't mix. I highly recommend this new formula, thanks completely to iHerb for making it affordable for me to continue drinking everyday.

IMPROVED!! Vega Sport Vanilla Protein

Posted by Reviewer2806330 on Nov 08, 2011

I had tried Vega Sport in the past and really did not like the taste. They have changed the ingredients and the taste is SIGNIFICANTLY better. In fact, I really like this stuff. The chocolate flavor is devine too. This product has a great blend of amino acids and l-glutamine, so I don't have to add extra into my shakes. I'm also happy that this no longer contains Spirulina, as unfortunately I have bad reactions to spirulina. Great product.

Vanilla Wonders!

Posted by 4632429816935259507 on May 27, 2012

I had already heard rave reviews about this and so here is just another one! I love it! Simply put! Great flavour, lovely texture and almost reminds me of caramel! Highly reccomend this! Plus shipping was great :)

Love the stuff

Posted by adechamplain on Dec 22, 2011

I love this product, the taste, the texture and the ingredients. Would recommend to anyone if you can afford it.

Great Taste, Quick Absorption, Fast Recovery, and Dairy Free!

Posted by Reviewer2449653 on Mar 04, 2012

I use this with the Chocolate flavor in just water. Mix it with a Magic Bullet and tastes like a light milkshake if you get the ratios right. If you want to spoil yourself with a little treat, I've mixed with rice beverage "Ryza" and really tastes like a thick hearty milkshake. Even by itself with just water and a good enough portion in the MB, it tastes good and leaves you feeling good. There is a little too much sodium than idea as it must come with the territory with some of the ingredients. Either way though, I still rave about it! I gave up dairy a long time ago and could never find a good protein powder that wasn't whey based or had some other milk derivative. It always made me bloated making it harder to trim down and I could feel it slow my digestive system. This powder is spender but honestly through iHerb is a bargain! The powder is high quality has its fortified with essential building block amino acids and included digestive enzymes to help the body absorb faster. Very high quality stuff as I would highly recommend this product even if dairy isn't a problem for you. Try it out and feel the difference!

FINALLY! I found what I was looking for! :-)

Posted by 5193183573567398893 on Aug 01, 2012

I am vegetarian, but do my best to be vegan. This is what my body was aching for. No yeast and complete protein, focusing on athletes' needs. Tastes great (I actually make it a little thicker and use 2 scoops in 14oz of alkaline water). The protein sources are very good, including hemp, pea and beef... just kidding, NO BEEF here :-D Only thing I don't like about it is the natural crunchy tidbits that is so typical of hemp protein drinks, but this has much much less than most other brands I tried.

BEST PRODUCT for exercising vegans

Posted by Reviewer3343479 on Oct 12, 2012

I found this after reading what cardiologist Dr. Mark Houston (one of the top people in his field - look up his sites and books) says about the benefits of additional BCAAs and glutamine. I wanted a vegan alternative to whey, also. TRY IT! PS - I just called them and found out that it only has 70 mg of added sodium - the rest is from the natural plant content.

Excellent daily smoothie to recover from hard training

Posted by Reviewer2493350 on Aug 29, 2012

I really do love that this protein formula is natural and very high in complete protein. So I trust I'm getting what I need for a good recovery. I blend a scoop of this with some almond milk, a frozen small banana (or berries), chocolate flavoured "Amazing Grass" greens powder, and some organic calcium powder. The only thing I don't really like is the natural sweetener - for me it leaves a mildly unpleasant taste in my mouth. But I can easily live with that.

Too Sweet

Posted by Reviewer2807620 on Nov 22, 2012

I've been looking for a yeast-free, plant-based protein powder for a while. I wish I had read the ingredients before I committed to this giant container. I think the manufacturers forgot that Stevia is 10-15 times sweeter than white sugar. I have a sweet tooth and I still have to counteract the taste with sour fruits, yoghurt, and Kefir to make it palatable. I hope they come out with an unsweetened version.