Wow: feeling so energized

Posted by 5734304313578817311 on Apr 08, 2014

I was very cautious when I ordered the product due the few negative reviews (I always read those first). I was afraid of the taste as this seems to be one of the major concerns. I was hesitating between 2 brands. Then, I wrote to a famous Doctor's office in NY who sells his own brand of protein powder but that cannot be shipped to Europe yet. They then recommended this brand and I went for it. I must say, I amazed. I take a shake every morning (visit the vegaone site, they have great smoothie recipes!) and I can tell the difference in my energy level, in my mental clarity, in my digestion and in my lack of cravings throughout the day. When I do not take it, I tend to munch all day long. It is as if the shake gives me exactly what my body needs. Two comments though: - I understand where the people who did not like the taste are coming from. It is probably stevia as this is a non-sweetened product. Stevia takes some getting used to it. Personally, it does not disturb me, but I would very much welcome if the brand launched a really non-sweetned product, i.e no stevia either. I would just then throw a date in my shake and that would be it. - The powder contains maca and I am not sure if this is the right thing for me to take due my low cortisol level. This is something I will have to double check. PS: my favorite shake with the chocolate flavor powder is: 1 scoop of powder, 1/2 banana, 1 cup of homemade cashew milk, 1 pear, cinnamon, 1 tsp of dutch cocoa powder (yes, I add some!!!) and 1 tsp of virgin coco oil. But of course, when in a rush, I just mix the powder and the the nut milk.

The Best!

Posted by Reviewer2825176 on Apr 08, 2013

The best ingredients! The best flavor! I love that their products are ALL plant based! I've been a vegetarian/vegan since I was a little child and the vegan products like theirs are what I had always been looking for! My health conditions have become even better and I have been able to get in better shape since I started the VEGA diet routine! They also have their own YouTube channel and introduce very helpful tips! I'm just a huge VEGA fan!

Much Better Taste

Posted by Reviewer3260774 on Apr 11, 2012

Compared to Vega's Whole Food Health Optimizer, Vega One tastes so much better! The rich chocolatey flavor makes me feel like I am cheating. All of Vega's products are of high quality and you can not beat the prices on iHerb.com. I ordered this product on Monday and it was on my doorstep by Wednesday. I heart iHerb.com!

Vega One as Good as Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer

Posted by Reviewer1454410 on Nov 02, 2012

I used the Complete Whole Food etc. for half year and was not happy when I could not get it any more. A friend told me about Vega One and I tried it. It is as good as the former product -- no hunger for hours and very little desire to eat sweets throughout the day! Thanks, Vega, for re-formulating this. I am a loyal fan...Plus the new name is so much easier.

Great shake when it's hard to eat the right food!

Posted by 4615959413049043437 on Jun 09, 2015

I work in a remote part of Australia and being a vegan it is very hard to find good nutritious food. I've found the vegan one shake as a great back up for fresh veges, legumes and nuts. And always feel at my best after having a shake in the morning. Tom

Very good but a bit too sweet

Posted by 4994576219735429603 on Aug 26, 2016

I will give it a 5 because it is vegan, incredible ingridients. It also mixes well with water, does not seperate even after hours but for my taste way too sweet- that is the only complain oh and high price. I will be repurchasing.

A Chocolate Lover's Dream!

Posted by 5728169306038487717 on Nov 06, 2014

This product tastes super chocolately and delicious, even when mixed with just plain water. One shake on its own doesn't hold me over all morning, but it is still a great start! I will buy this product again.

Best chocolate shake

Posted by 5734513769953766896 on Nov 09, 2013

I've tried many and I have to say, this is my favourite, hands down!

Great when added to fruit smoothies

Posted by 4621924406823018991 on May 26, 2015

We like this product in our fruit smoothies for additional protein. Sugar content is fairly low too.

clean energy, easy to mix and tastes great

Posted by 5341347493260699664 on Sep 13, 2016

Being dairy free is a great bonus, and unlike other "diet" shakes, this is all about nutrition. I always blend it with ice and water, and will sometimes add other things - a beetroot, a carrot or a chunk of tofu - to add body if i need to feel more sated. I first using this shake when i was stationed in the desert and found that the heat was affecting my appetite - this drink, super chilled is a great way to "eat' well and stay hydrated. I often blend extra water into it on hot days and the flavour stays true. I have used these Vega One products for 4 years now - I also like the chai and the french vanilla...but being a chocoholic this flavour always makes the top of the list. The price is up there, but when you factor in the cost per serve, and the fact that it really can replace a high nutrient meal without leaving you hungry...give it a go. Think health, before weight loss, and both things will come to you ...naturally. PS The maca bars are off the hook good if you like bitter dark chocolate...nibble by nibble they are great in the desk drawer, and too intense to binge on (just in case you are prone to inhale tasty snacks)

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »