Vitol, 100% Egg White Protein, Ice Cream Vanilla Flavor, 40 oz (1132 g) Powder (Discontinued Item)

Makes Great Cookies!

Posted by Reviewer2611598 on Jan 20, 2013

Who says you just use protein powder in a shake! Time to think outside of the box and run your fingers over to www.lowcarbdiets.about.com and check out Laura's recipe for Cranberry Walnut cookies. I always used whey protein powder in my low carb baking, but when I noticed that my eyes felt sticky if I consumed too much dairy, I switched over to egg white protein powders, and what a find the Vitol 100% egg white protein Ice Cream Vanilla flavor was! It really punches up the flavor on these cookies! According to the label on the container, the product is only sweetened with stevia, but it is quite sweet tasting in my opinion. I wonder if the "Natural Vanilla Flavor" listed on the container, to make the "Vanilla Ice Cream" flavor is an artifical flavoring. Usually, if something contains no artifical flavor, it would say so on the label. This is not the case with the Vitol, however there are 9 other things it does not contain like: no fat, no sugar, no starch, no salt, no cholesterol, no MSG, no synthetic coloring, no artificial sweetener and no coal tar derivatives. Now it does not make an inexpensive cookie, but my husband loves them, and at least I know he's eating something healthier, instead of some crappy, store-bought cookie made with wheat and sugar.

Vitol, 100% Egg Protein, Ice Cream Vanilla Flavor, 40 oz (1132g)

Posted by Reviewer1243295 on Mar 16, 2009

I will definitely buy this again. I like the vanilla flavor and I know I am getting my protein for the day. It makes a great shake with water, coconut milk and fruit and Stevia to sweeten.

High quality egg protein, tastes good.

Posted by Reviewer3123380 on Apr 18, 2009

An excellent source of highly bioavailable protein.

Luv it

Posted by Reviewer2216670 on Jan 09, 2009

Take it everyday sometimes with soy or juice, cherry juice or whatever moves me. I also add coral calcium powder & a bit Ener G rice bran.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2537270 on Jul 10, 2008

Good protein for those of us who can't to whey.