ear candles

Posted by Reviewer2057863 on Jan 18, 2012

These work really well

improved construction

Posted by Reviewer1354065 on May 05, 2011

the plastic tip at the bottom helps the candle to maintain its integrity, so that it is more effective in evacuating the ear canal and sinuses. One should massage the whole side of one's face while the candle is burning, and this helps to clean the sinuses by loosening up the gunk more easily.

I agree with the folks from South Dakota!!!

Posted by Reviewer2369571 on Apr 16, 2010

I hadn't done my own ear candling since the '90s, and really needed to again. After reading all the iHerb.com customer reviews of the different kinds of candles, the South Dakota review was the most helpful for me, as I used to lie down also (years ago) and was unfamiliar with the sitting up method. These candles worked perfectly for me (lying down), and I now regret not buying more at the time, since they're currently out-of stock! Thank you iHerb and the nice folks from South Dakota!!

Sitting up vs. lying down

Posted by Reviewer2674045 on Jan 28, 2010

I was very skeptical but my daughter had used ear candles before, was convinced they worked and wanted me to help her. She was puzzled by the instructions to only use them in a sitting position since she'd always used them lying down. We tried sitting up but the candle burned too quickly and when we unwrapped the remaining piece, it was clean -- there wasn't anything in there. We tried again lying down and this time it burned slower and there were quite a few chunks inside the remaining piece of candle. I squeezed them between a sheet of white paper and without going into detail, I have no doubt it was ear wax. It makes me crazy that I can't figure out how ear candles work but I am now convinced that they do.