this is great

Posted by Reviewer2894756 on Jul 28, 2012

I live in Korea and this tuna is so much better than the stuff I can get here. And the cans are the closest to bpa free that's possible. I order this tuna all the time.

Best Tuna!

Posted by khessel on Jul 25, 2012

I love tuna, it is a very convenient and tasty high protein meal. However, I am usually weary of eating too much of it because of the high mercury content. Species of fish at the top of the food chain contain more concentrated levels of mercury because of bioaccumulation. The skipjack tuna is a smaller species of tuna that contains the lowest level of mercury out of the tuna species. Wild Planet also practices "sustainable fishing", which is important to me. I have not been able to find this product in South Korea, so I am pleased that it is available on iherb. (Side note: I did notice that the label on the can does not currently say the packaging is BPA free. I looked this up on their website, and apparently it was recently removed. There is a letter posted by the president of the company that explains why they cannot make a BPA free claim at this time because of low levels detected in the fish, but not the can. He says they are working on this issue.)

Good texture and BPA free.

Posted by carrie on May 09, 2012

This tuna is really tasty and at a much better price than the supermarket. The texture is much firmer than the usual weird textured, mushy stuff that you get in a can and it's BPA free, sustainably sourced, and smaller fish are used meaning lower mercury levels. Great choice all around for canned tuna!

Yum!!

Posted by Reviewer2511091 on Feb 21, 2012

great quality/taste and a great price!

Love the taste

Posted by Reviewer2941431 on Feb 09, 2012

I never thought that tuna without olive oil could be anything but bland. This product has proven me wrong. I mix it with some real olive oil, creme fraiche, and balsamic vinegar, and it becomes a taste sensation.

Wow.

Posted by Reviewer2223897 on Aug 25, 2011

This is like tuna I've never had! I don't know what I've been eating all these years. The tuna was meaty not at all like sawdust and the juice was super flavor and didn't make the tuna squishy. A great buy. I wanted to try one can before I committed to a case, which I'm doing now! iHerb was great, too. My package was shipped within six hours!

Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer1018789 on Jun 10, 2011

This is the most wonderful tasting tuna. And the cans are BPA free. It doesn't get any better than this.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »