Chocolatey!

Posted by 5572519946278743577 on Jan 08, 2013

Still not sold on stevia, but these drops help make it bearable.

One of the few flavoured stevia products I like!

Posted by LessSugarNaturally on Jun 12, 2013

I’ve been using stevia products since January 2012 and have done a lot of baking and research about it. The stevia leaf has about 10 components. SweetLeaf's sweetdrops are made with the FDA approved sweetener "High purity steviol glycoside extract" which is made from 2 components of the stevia leaf....approximately equal parts Stevioside and Reb A. There are more refined stevia products out there and also more whole forms of stevia. Flavored Liquid Stevia Extract is simply stevia extract with added flavors, spices in such small amounts that they are not required to be listed in the ingredients. To be honest, after months of experimenting, I'm not a big fan of flavoured stevia from any company. I much prefer using natural flavours in my baking and beverages. That said, the Chocolate Sweetdrops are one of three flavoured stevia products I buy regularly. I use it in my chocolatey greek yogurt and chocolate chip cookies. I did compared SweetLeaf's Chocolate Sweetdrops and NuNaturals Cocoa Bean Extract in my cookie recipes. SweetLeaf is milder but sweeter. NuNaturals has a much more intense...deep cocoa taste. In fact, you can actually see the cocoa settling on the bottom of the NuNaturals bottle. I think this one comes down to chocolatey bitterness preference. The other two flavoured stevia products I love: NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia (Check on my review) and NuNaturals Peppermint Stevia. I live in Canada and have received all of my iherb orders within 2 weeks. Feel free to check out my other detailed reviews on products like stevia, baking staples and low-toxicity beauty products and do let me know if you found this review helpful :)

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1663449 on Jul 06, 2012

Perfect as a sweetener in chocolate cakes or alikes

Great sweetener with a subtle chocolate hint

Posted by Reviewer1825809 on Jul 26, 2012

I have heard others complain that the chocolate taste from this isn't as strong as it should be, but I don't find that to be the case - probably because I use it more to *enhance* the flavour of chocolate. I add it to products made with cocoa powder and it adds just enough sweetness for my tastebuds. No bitter aftertaste, at least not in my experience with this flavour and with this brand. A few drops are all you need for a single serving of whatever it is you're making or eating. A great product, overall, and one that I've ordered again. (Though, one bottle lasts so long that I've only had need for two for the past year... and that is including some serious baking!)

Lina

Posted by 5713122531489947340 on Aug 05, 2012

Amazing

great

Posted by Reviewer1150050 on Aug 05, 2012

this is one of my favourite sweeteners. I use it in coffe, tea, baking, puddings etc

Posted by 4897501674364755088 on Aug 13, 2012

Fantastic sweetener.

Posted by Rosemary on Aug 14, 2012

I love it and I recommend it!

Makes a good Caffe Mocha

Posted by 5051920734336149353 on Jun 22, 2012

I like it in my morning coffee.

coffe & snacks!

Posted by 4843721208839192752 on Apr 22, 2012

perfect to add in the coffe, and also to blend with greek youghurt - to get some healthy snacks