Xlear Inc (Xclear), Kid's Spry, Tooth Gel, with Xylitol, Combo Pack, 2.0 fl oz (60 ml)

Not worth it, just get the Spry tooth gel instead or just use birch xylitol with water for your infant/child!!!

Posted by Reviewer2495873 From Taiwan on Jul 19, 2010

Good concept, but the special pacifier is totally not worth the extra US$4! I got this for my 9-month old because I don't want him to get baby cavities. The directions tell you to fill the special pacifier 2/3 full. I checked and that would be about 2-3 mL of this stuff. If you are "supposed" to give your child this 3-5 times a day, this bottle wouldn't last more than a week or two! Also, I tried some of the stuff and it tastes like pure sugar (that's what xylitol is supposed to taste like). I don't like the thought of my child "expecting" a mouthful of sugar after every meal. It will not be an easy habit to break if you start giving them 2-3 mL of this after every meal. What I did instead was to just give one or two DROPS of this stuff after his meals. I put it on his pacifier and moved it around his mouth and it seems to be OK. Don't let the advertising get to you--I honestly don't think children should get THAT much sweet stuff in their mouth 3-5 times a day! The reason this didn't make a 2-star is because this xylitol is from a corn-derived source (probably from China), not from the original Finnish birch-tree derived xylitol that all the studies have been done on. Good idea, but....When my child gets a little bigger I plan to just give him a sip of birch xylitol (yes, iHerb sells the REAL stuff) in water or organic honey with bee propolis (after he is one of course). I'm disappointed and don't know what to do with the special medicine pacifier now! It's hard to get all the stuff out of it. I tried putting this in it a couple of times and each time after sucking for a few minutes there was still stuff left in the pacifier. A better way is just to use a regular bottle nipple and cap (if you want to give your child liquid medicine) with no bottle. So the pacifier is basically useless to us! I got two of this and it's too bad. International postage is so expensive so I won't return it (wish I could return the unopened package though!). Trust me, just the tooth gel instead of you are even thinking about getting this! Don't spend any extra money on something that you won't use or if not user-friendly.

Great for preventative oral health care!

Posted by Reviewer1713751 From Connecticut on Jan 17, 2009

I bought this for my niece. Can't wait until she's old enough to use. Her sister had baby-bottle decay. This will help protect her developing teeth. Xylitol is proven to help fight oral cavities in children.

good

Posted by Reviewer2015765 From Korea, Republic of on Feb 08, 2012

My boy hates to brush his teeth, but I tested this by myself and I barely taste or smell of it. Good.