Yogi Tea, Kava Stress Relief, Caffeine Free, 16 Tea Bags, 1.27 oz (36 g)

love it love it love it love it love lt

Posted by Reviewer1458298 From New York on Mar 08, 2008

I call this tea the "mommy refief tea". I drink at least 4 cups of this tea to get through the day with my two boys (oh yea, their dad makes 3). During the day I make a small pot (4cups with one tea bag)and sip throughout the day. If I want to relax or fall asleep I make 2cups with one tea bag. Others may need more but it works.

Great tea

Posted by Reviewer2402694 From Oregon on Jul 22, 2007

I use this tea to relax before bed! It relaxes and calms you so nicely. I add alittle vanilla almond milk and it makes a delightful comfort tea

Good product but it is not Organic- Liver warning is over blown

Posted by NBPT100 From Massachusetts on Aug 07, 2013

First of all the liver warning on the back is just a CYA for the company. Kava root is very safe for moderate to infrequent use. The issues have arisen when the aerial parts of the plant are use or if large doses of the root are consumed daily for 8 or more weeks. Sure, if you have liver damage you may want to avoid it as you would alcohol and most NSAIDs. Herbal teas that are pre packaged and bagged like this are typically weaker and of lower quality than what you would get at an herb shop or purchased directly from a herb farm. So you need to keep this in perspective. I have found yogi teas to be of very good quality for the class they are in. My biggest disappointment with this tea is that it is not organic or wild harvested. Some of their teas are. I do like the taste and the convenience of a bag sometimes is nice. For a relaxation effect use 2 or 3 bags and steep covered for 15 minutes or longer. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my Iherb homepage for move value added reviews. Helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

Amazing sleep aid and muscle relaxer

Posted by Reviewer2336436 From Maryland on May 02, 2008

This tea is delicious, produces all over calming sensation, works fast and doesn't make me dopey or groggy in the morning. Sometimes I let my toddler take a couple sips to help her wind down and get to sleep, and it works wonderfully. Ask you pediatrician first!!! Mine said a few sips would be fine, but not more then 1/4 cup at most because this stuff is strong. DON'T DRIVE while using this. Letting the tea bag soak for a couple hours during the day and then drinking at night produces the strongest effect, but try the package directions for first time use. Normal brewing directions produces excellent results for my husband who is more sensitive to kava than I am. Best wishes!

Totally relaxes you!

Posted by Reviewer2391756 From Virginia on Sep 20, 2008

This stuff is amazing, I use it instead of having a glass of wine.