Kefir starter

Posted by Reviewer2936570 on Sep 01, 2010

I found that if you leave it outside for more than 24 hours the kefir is more sauer and I like it better. I normaly leave the mixture for 30-36 hours

i like this kefir

Posted by Reviewer3039247 on Apr 16, 2009

simple to make. I make a several batches of kefir from one packet. I add 3 portions of milk to 1 portion of kefir and leave it for 24 hours on the countertop. Taste grate.

Best Kefir Ever!

Posted by Reviewer2624342 on Jul 06, 2009

I had only had commercially made kefir in the past. This is not only better with fruit but is good without anything in it. Sometimes I mix about 2 T. of Lipton instant green tea mix and that is also really good.

It turns out very tasty yogurt.

Posted by 0LD-SHAMAN on Nov 03, 2011

It turns out very tasty yogurt. Not sour. It is possible to use the starter again.

Perfect kefir

Posted by Reviewer1807232 on Mar 23, 2014

I've been using this with shop bought full fat organic cow's milk. Followed the instructions on the box and kefir turned out very good consistency and it tasted great. I use a 1 part of already made kefir and 9 parts milk to make a new batch and it works a treat. I like my kefir a bit "stronger" tasting so I Let it sit for 26 hours. My favorite way to drink it is with fresh chopped dill and chives, and a tiny pinch of sea salt.

not true kefir

Posted by Reviewer2630412 on Feb 23, 2016

I've used this starter for many years. It's not true kefir. True kefir has over 20 strains of probiotic organisms. This has 4 strains. I do agree with other reviewers that not heating the milk gives a better result. I use this to make coconut milk kefir and also to make sour cream using half and half (really good!) I finally bought kefir grains to make milk kefir because I wanted the broader spectrum of probiotics not available in this starter. True kefir is not thick, it is thin. This is more like a thin yogurt. I still give this 5 stars, because it is a reliable product.

Good

Posted by 4757245781004529734 on Aug 05, 2013

Using it in fermenting foods like in Body ecology diet.

works well

Posted by Reviewer2894756 on Jul 28, 2012

I order this often. It always works. I leave it at room temp (around 30ish right now) for about 18 hours or so and it makes a nice drink. There seems to be a fine line between smooth, creamy and nice and separated and kind of disgusting. If I leave it too long, I don't like it at all.

Kefir Starter

Posted by Reviewer3341139 on Jun 17, 2013

When I'm too lazy to activate my kefir curds, I use this product: I don't heat my raw milk at all. Use the milk (preferably raw) at room temperature and it forms the kefir overnight. That way you still get the benefits of raw milk as well as the fermentation of kefir.

Not forming well...

Posted by Reviewer1185322 on Apr 24, 2012

I've tried making kefir twice with this brand and it never really seems to form well. I might be doing something wrong, perhaps I need to leave it out for longer than 24 hours. Not too sure about this.