Bifidus free yogurt culture great for Specific Carbohydrate Diet

Posted by MeredithD1-3303302 on Oct 25, 2012

We have a Yogourmet yogurt maker, which is the yogurt maker of choice for people who are lactose intolerant, as the longer warm-water fermentation process will eliminate more of the lactose than other shorter-term yogurt maker products. Also, people with conditions such as IBS, Crohn's, and some other difficulties, can benefit from a yogurt that doesn't have bifidus and has no added casein (which is already in milk). There is only one other yogurt starter I know of that doesn't have added casein or bifidus, which must be shipped cold and is more expensive, both for the product and the shipping. Your body already makes bifidus, and added bifidus can irritate certain people's systems. There is only one commercial yogurt I have found that doesn't have bifidus in its ingredients, so if bifidus is an issue, this is the way to go.

Absolutely fantastic if you're following the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD)!!!

Posted by Reviewer2078230 on Aug 11, 2011

Although the ingredients contain sucrose, this is needed for the starter culture as a temporary food source, but as the yoghurt is fermented for 24 hours, rather than the regular 8hours or so, all the sucrose is cleaved by the culture enzymes into monosaccharides (single unit sugar molecules) which are acceptable for digestion of the yoghurt. Good stuff.

Makes great yoghurt

Posted by Reviewer3260068 on Aug 16, 2011

I just put in one sachet, add a carton of long life organic semi skimmed milk and put it in my 'Lakeland limited' (UK) yoghurt maker (the on that you plug in). It does take a little longer than normal, but the result is mild. You can add a tablespoon of dried milk powder if you like it thicker, but as I want to keep it organic I dont. I even tried it with a carton of soya milk and it worked! but the taste was too bland for me!

very good yogurt starter

Posted by Reviewer3180954 on Apr 22, 2012

I make my home-made yogurt with this starter. Yogurt turns out very soft and creamy.

Chron's supplement

Posted by 5324077134647419475 on Aug 30, 2013

I hadn't had dairy in years before I learned about 24-hour yogurt with this starter. Not only did I gain back a little bit of dairy, I got noticeably healthier for it! Now, 20 boxes later, and quite a few pounds heavier, I am switching to goat's milk or looking into almond yogurt. I am not convinced that dairy is good for my Crohn's and I have started to get some chest infections, but regardless, I still want to use this product and find a way to keep using it as it makes a noticeable difference in my Crohn's Disease.

GREAT!

Posted by Trinity on Mar 05, 2015

First of all, I want to let you know that I'm addicted to yogurt - I've tried many many different types and brands. I love it - with fruits, brewer's yeast, colostrum, muesli... My favourite is pomegranate seeds in yogurt at about 9 pm - it's delicious! And recently, it's been more and more difficult for me to find natural yogurt, I mean - really natural. So, I decided to try this one. I'd tried to make my own yogurt before but I hadn't been successful - until I bought this one. Now, I want to highlight that I have central heating at home and it's still winter here. I put about 1.5 liters of milk (warmed up to about 38 degrees), I put in it 2 packs of this starter and stirred well. I wrapped it in a towel and left it near the radiator and by accident - forgot about it and it stayed there all night. The heating stops working at 10 pm and starts again at about 8 am. So, in the morning I put it in the fridge. It's been 3 days now and I just love the result - it is thick and creamy, rich and a bit sour in taste.

easy to use - works well

Posted by weebly on Aug 10, 2015

used it in my yogurt maker - worked well and easy to use

So Easy

Posted by 5649979131269752989 on May 12, 2016

make a very pleasant tasting yoghurt

Perfect for SCD diet

Posted by 5757944965282704676 on May 15, 2016

Been using this for the SCD diet yogurt for about two years and it has worked flawlessly every time. iHerb service is excellent have not had any problems once.

ideal for SCD diet