Rubbish

Posted by 4999874595058243561 on Apr 13, 2013

I've been using it all over my face for about two nights and it's probably too early to say, but I haven't seen any improvements in my skin. First of all, the packaging is poor quality. Real argan oil should be stored in dark glass as light causes the oil to deteriorate. The oil itself smells like feces whereas real argan oil should have a sweet, nutty smell. Either this isn't argan oil or it has gone rancid. I was very sceptical about using this after smelling it due to the fact I've spend thousands on clearing my acne up recently. The oil does not "sink" into the skin as argan oil should - it leaves an oily residue. I tried using a tiny amount on my hair as I would usually use argan oil but when I woke up the next morning my hair had a very greasy appearance to it. The previous argan oil I used on my hair left my ends very soft and shiny. I will definitely NOT be using this again and try to get a full refund from iHerb.

Not my oil!

Posted by Arabia on Jun 18, 2015

This Argan oil did nothing to my skin, my sister used it and it broke her out. She said it could has gone rancid because of hot weather! I don't know but I think that we have to be carefull when choosing the original Argan oil. Personally I prefer rosehip oil as it doesn't break me out and it's so light on the skin and moisturizes without any damage to skin. Definitely won't buy again. Check out my page for more reviews! ..باختصار يخرب البشرة انتبهوا يابنات ..اختي جربته وطلعلها حبوب..وتقول يمكن خرب مع الحر...انصح بزيت بذر الورد كبديل له ..اذا استفدتم من تعليقي اضغطوا يس

Acure Argan Oil

Posted by 4961437459144363605 on Dec 04, 2013

I like the packaging of the oil even though it should be in the dark bottle. I heard many good tings about the oil and I have used it before, but his particular oil STINKS!!!!!!! It smells like cow manure, and i just can not use it.

Amazing pure organic argan oil without any additives or preservatives.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014

This soft, gentle, non-comedogenic oil suitable for all skin and hair types, including sensitive, acne-prone and mature, with a pleasant slightly nutty aroma is one of Morocco's best kept beauty secrets and known as the "oil of life", and for good reason - its composition and properties are unique and superior to those of other plant oils. Argan oil contains 80% unsaturated fatty acids (oleic, linoleic, linolenic), 18% saturated oils (palmitic and stearic), which makes it more resistant to oxidation than olive oil, and is very high in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant helping neutralize free radicals, restore the skin's hydrolipid balance and prevent premature aging, which is particularly important for people living in harsh and polluted environments. And that's not the only unique thing about argan oil - it also contains carotenes, squalene and triterpenoid saponins known for their emollient, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and sun-protective properties, plant sterols reducing irritation and inflammation, calming itching, deeply moisturizing and nourishing dry, damaged and sensitive skin, making it softer, smoother and more supple, improving skin tone, elasticity and complexion, preventing dryness and dehydration, and flavonoids encouraging cell renewal and regeneration, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, scarring and stretch marks, restoring luster to dull, dry and lifeless hair. Due to its unique phytosterol composition it's especially effective in treating such conditions as acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, chickenpox, dermatitis, as well as healing small wounds, cuts, burns and alleviating pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin. In addition to its cosmetic uses, argan oil is a culinary oil with a lot of health benefits as well: it lowers cholesterol levels by blocking cholesterol absorption from the intestines, facilitates digestion by increasing the concentration of pepsin in the gastric juice, reduces inflammation by soothing the stomach lining, stimulates blood circulation, protects against heart disease, boosts the immune system. I've been using this organic argan oil only for a few weeks, by the results speak for themselves: my complexion has improved, my skin is softer and smoother and has a healthy glow, my acne has cleared up, redness and inflammation is gone, some fine lines have faded, my scalp is no longer dry, itchy and flaky, my hair is healthier. Will definitely order it again.

Mixed feelings

Posted by Reviewer2487128 on May 06, 2013

I have bought two bottels for myself and one for my mom. Two of them smelled absolutelynothing at all, (and I have a very sensitive nose). One bottle smelled like Argan oil usually do, smokey and a bit nutty. I Think it is strange that it smells differently. From what I have heard Argan oil should have that smokey smell if it is good quality. I think Acure might be deodorizing the oil, that is not a good thing since it is a process that takes away benefits. Also the dispenser is not totally intact, not fully reliable. I would also rather see a dark bottle instead of a clear in order to remain quality of the oil. Apart from the above said the oil works ok, it is not greasy, sinks into the skin, does not break out my acne prone skin. It does leave the skin a bit uneaven though. Mixed feelings about the oil. I will search for another argan oil especially due to the differences in smell between the bottles I have bought which I find not serious.

All it says and more!

Posted by Reviewer1195865 on Nov 10, 2011

I am very happy to have ordered this product and I based my purchase on other women's recommendations. I also will recommend this product. I love it and will continue buying it. I'm 68 years old and needed something for my face and have tried so many creams with no luck. My husband after only 2 weeks has remarked how he sees a difference in wrinkles and texture. Just think if I keep using it. Really wonderful product for your skin.

Amazing oil

Posted by WellnessRoad on Nov 26, 2013

I've never been a fan of standard facial moisturiser as I've never been lucky enough to find one that doesn't make my face feel oily and or congested. The only other oil I've tried is pure, organic rosehip but found that it wasn't particularly moisturising or beneficial even after continued use. When I first received the Acure Organics Argan Oil I was happy to see that the packaging was simple, modern and fresh, inline with the rest of the range. At first I used too much and the oil did not sink into my skin but instead sat on top and felt greasy. I found that the optimum amount for my face is 1 - 2 drops maximum and instead of rubbing it in like a standard moisturiser, I pat and press it onto the skin and allow the warmth of my hands to help the oil sink in. My face doesn't feel oily or clogged but instead looks smooth and plump and I have not broken out after multiple uses. This little jar will last me a while but I will definitely repurchase again. Please click on my username to visit my page for more reviews plus hints and tips.

The BEST GENUINE Argan Oil!

Posted by Reviewer2825176 on Sep 29, 2013

I've tried and used many other Argan Oil before, but this one by Acure is so far the BEST I've ever used and I love it! Very moisturizing and works wonders for all over my sensitive skin, the whole body! I sometimes mix a few drops of organic lavender essential oil with it for extra care after taking a bath before bed. Very relaxing! I just love it and highly recommend it to especially those who have sensitive skin! But of course, it's great for all skin type!

Ok, but not amazing for mature sensitive combination skin

Posted by Reviewer1420562 on May 13, 2012

I have used the oil on my face instead of my night cream, but didn't really like it. My skin is moisturized, but it feels itchy and the product leaves my complexion uneven. Will probably mix it into moisturiser on the days when I ned a bit extra moisture, and will continue to use it on my cuticles and hair, but not a rave review from me.

Horrible smell

Posted by Reviewer3061201 on Apr 09, 2014

This product smells absolutely nauseating. I have never tried argan oil before, but from what I understand,it should not smell like this. It smells rancid and I discarded the product immediately after contacting iherb.com and requesting a refund.