HG shampoo!

Posted by Anna-Ilona on Sep 12, 2012

I rarely write reviews for shampoos, mainly because I find that most of them don't actually make any difference in my hair. Well, then again my hair is pretty stubborn. I started using this shampoo last summer. At first I didn't notice any difference in my hair, but after switching to another shampoo, I noticed that my hair wasn't as manageable anymore. I switched back to this one, and noticed a difference right away. My long, scandinavian hair is usually flat and lifeless. I love the fact that with this shampoo, even when I don't apply heat or styling products, my hair looks good! The price is right considering the good quality of the ingredients, but it's a bit too high for me since I'm on a student budget.

I love this stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1798494 on Apr 03, 2012

I am African American with natural hair...after years of trying shampoos and treatments to cure my itchy scalp, I finally found one that works.This shampoo is awesome!I use both, the shampoo and conditioner and I love the results I received.I Will be purchasing more products from this line :-)

Love this shampoo

Posted by organicreviews on Apr 27, 2011

This is my favorite so far. I have been using this shampoo for few weeks and I see the difference on my scalp and hair. My scalp does not get itchy as much as it used to and hair got a volume back.

Not for me!

Posted by Reviewer1745576 on May 09, 2012

Maybe this shampoo works great for some,but not for me at all! I have really fine-dry hair and I was hoping this would be nice and moisturizing..in fact, it makes my hair more dry and brittle! I do like the company and its efforts to donate 10% of their proceeds to causes in Africa, I just don't like the product itself. It does little to clean and simultaneously leaves me hair feeling weak, dry, and uncleaned looking and feeling. Won't buy it again!

simply the best

Posted by Reviewer1191518 on Sep 01, 2011

Very VERY good for dry flaky scalp. So mild I can use it for my 5 year old son's head. love it sincerely :)

Good shampoo

Posted by Reviewer2614971 on Jan 15, 2014

This shampoo contains rosemary,tea-tree and lavender essential oils, plus neem and shea butter. It is very good for flaky scalp which I often have in winter.The skin on my head feels much better after I use this shampoo. I give it only 4 stars because it does not completely solve the problem but there might be some other reason for my condition except just cold weather!

Ok.

Posted by Reviewer1310579 on Oct 11, 2012

I really want to support this company because of their women's rights initiatives, so I purchased several products at once. This one is only ok. I have a dry, flaky scalp that flares now and then (and yes, I've seen a derm and had everything ruled out--at this point I'm convinced it's just my body chemistry) and this was in a long line of shampoos I've tried to find one that won't exacerbate it. It smells nicely herbal, does NOT strip your hair oils (which is a mixed blessing if you're trying to wash less frequently and need something to budge the build-up in between), but didn't do anything for my scalp. Despite the lack of buildup-busting power, it still left my ends a bit dryer than the other shampoo I was using (Alba Honeydew) before conditioning.

VERY DRYING TO SCALP!!

Posted by 4670914414152342083 on Mar 06, 2014

A warning to people with very fine hair and dry scalp, it will make you itch and severely dry your scalp. My hair is usually very fine and not dry, but using this shampoo i could barely run my fingers through my hair smoothly as I did before using it. I have immense dryness to my scalp now and my hair becomes very oily a day after using the shampoo, this is the body's sign that something I've used has dried out my natural oils on my scalp and has to produce more oils to compensate. Honestly my head hasn't been this dry in so long, it was getting better and now I'm back to zero!! I'm so disappointed.. :(

no itch

Posted by Reviewer3092624 on Oct 30, 2014

No itchy scalp with this!

Absolutely Best Shampoo Ever

Posted by 5570495008551105193 on Feb 20, 2016

I have a fairly large box of over-the-counter shampoos I have tried which all say they will heal dry, peeling scalps. Out of over a dozen brands this is the first that actually healed my dry scalp and makes my hair soft and manageable. I love the gentle fragrance. I appreciate Alaffia's philosophy and that this product is made in the U. S. A.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »