Soft shiny mermaid waves scented with vanilla and mango

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jul 15, 2012

This was my first time using Beautiful Curls curl activating cream. It was on super special, and I couldn’t resist. I have long, wavy, thick, coarse, colored hair. It is super frizzy in the summer humidity. I loved the delicious scent of real mango and vanilla, no synthetic fragrances here. I combed it liberally through my hair, concentrating on dry ends, and braided it to create waves. I worried that I overdid it on the amount that I used, and that I would end up with a head full of greasy lank hair. Instead I took out my braids later in the day to very shiny and soft mermaid waves. After sleeping with the product still in my hair I awoke to stiffer rather crunchy waves that regained much of their softness of the day before after brushing. My only hesitation is that I’m not sure if regular use could shorten the length of time my hair coloring lasts. Otherwise this is a great product, and I will definitely rotate it in my hair regimen. It’s hard for me to find something that makes my hair so shiny without ending up making it greasy. Beautiful Curls activating cream hit that sweet spot for me. My hair is shiny and soft and wavy and feels much nicer for my sweetheart to run fingers through. ;)

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1206139 on Aug 25, 2011

Love this cream! I use it with the beautiful curls shampoo and conditioner, and all 3 together are fantastic! It's light, doesn't weigh hair down, but it conditions and moisturizes, and gives my fine, wavy, frizzy hair definition with soft waves and curls. Mango cream fragrance is very mild and pleasant. Sometimes I put this cream in my hair before I go to bed just to give it some extra moisture.

Posted by Reviewer2905597 on Aug 18, 2012

This is a great product, but not just for babies. I have fine frizzy type hair, and I've tried about everything and wasted too much money. Leave in conditioners and anti-frizz serums, none quite seem to work out very well, so I keep searching for something better. Well I have finally found the one, after I wash my hair and combed this product through I had beautiful curls that lasted for days. I really hope Iherb does not discontinue it, because I would be lost without it. Just remember if you get this product a little bit goes a long way, don't put too much in your hair.

great texture...

Posted by Reviewer2761541 on Apr 26, 2012

Not so great hold. If your hair is super-kinky, this is probably a great product. If you need hold as well as curl smoothing.. you proabably want to find a different product.

Love the tropical scent.

Posted by australia on Apr 29, 2013

I use this in my hair and as a body lotion as the ingredients are just so good.

LOVE this product!!

Posted by Reviewer1839345 on Jun 08, 2013

I decided to order this on a whim, as I am always searching for great curl products. I have a LOT of fine, but wavy/curly hair. My problem is finding a product that isn't too heavy, curls my hair, tames the frizz, and is as close to wash and go as I can get. I have found that in this product. I simply finger comb my hair after showering, scrunch dry with a microfiber towel, and scrunch this amazing cream into my hair. I have diffused and also let air dry, both times with fantastic results. Another great bonus is that after buying, I realized this product is actually made local to where I am! I will never run out of this product again!

not that impressed

Posted by 4806524098807504318 on Jan 24, 2013

it smells really strong ..like a vanilla cake ...it bothers me

This is awesome!

Posted by Reviewer2342041 on Jul 09, 2014

This creme is almost like a shea butter mixed with a soft hold gel. It helps activate the curls by making them clump together and then the gel helps the curls stay. I have been using this on my hair after a deep condition. I don't need to use anything else to keep my style. You can use it on a wash-and-go by literally applying, separating some curls, and going. You can use it to keep your twist out or finger coils defined. I even use it on my daughters hair but I am careful to only use a little on her because her hair texture is in the 2-3 range. This cream is not sticky or tacky. It doesn't weigh the hair down either.

Lovely hair

Posted by Reviewer1723143 on Oct 05, 2011

This cream is excellent for my preschool daughter's very curly, normally frizzy hair. It makes for easy brushing and shiny, defined curls without becoming stiff or sticky.

Curl Cream

Posted by Reviewer1952642 on Oct 09, 2011

I really like this cream. It adds a nice texture to the hair but it is not sticky at all. It smells nice too. It def. does need to be reapplied the next day , it doesn't define the curls like a gel would, but I still really like it.