Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Problems tolerating aspartate

Posted by Reviewer3307313 on May 11, 2012

I used to take Dr Best High Absorption Magnesium (Albion) but had to stop because I figured out I was not tolerating tablet glazes (specifically corn gluten aka Zein). I decided to give this one a try. Unfortunately the aspartate made me feel ill (head pressure) and stressed my liver. I will be trying Bluebonnet's magnesium glycinate next. I currently take magnesium ascorbate powder without any issues but it has a short shelf life and it's hard to get a high dose of magnesium with it.

Magnesium Aspartame

Posted by Reviewer1709839 on Jul 31, 2010

Excellent product. Before ordering, I spoke with the Bluebonnet sales rep about this version of Magnesium (Aspartate)and she confirmed it does not act as a laxative like many magnesium supplements at this dosage.

Bluebonnet Nutrition, Magnesium Aspartate, 400 mg, 200 Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Feb 22, 2010

Switched to magnesium glycinate also made by Bluebonnet Nutrition.

bluebonnet magnesium

Posted by Reviewer2021592 on Oct 04, 2009

This is my second order of bluebonnet magnesium, I take it with my calcium and D. I was told that taking magnesium helps absorb the calcium and D better. I have a problem with that, and it also makes taking the calcium much more tolerable. You can go to the bathroom a lot easier, as calcium constipates you. I especially like the bluebonnet brand, it's top quality. You are suppose to take half of what you take in calcium. So I take 1,200 mg. of calcium, and 600mg. of magnesium. And I feel wonderful, I do have osteoporosis pretty bad, so taking the magnesium is essential for my bones. Ordering from I Herb is just the best, fast service in the mail, always lets your e-mail know when it's coming. The best company ever, I would never order anywhere else. Hope this was helpful, because most doctor's don't tell you about magnesium, it's highly recommend by Dr. Oz as a must with calcium.

Warning: Contains Corn

Posted by Reviewer2370750 on Jul 02, 2013

I am very frustrated. I am searching for corn free supplements as I have a strong corn allergy, and Bluebonnet clearly says that this is "free of corn." However I have reacted from just 2 capsules. It contains magnesium stearate, which is corn derived. I just thought that they had used some kind of magnesium stearate that doesn't come from corn.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »