• Customer Ratings

Versatile Oats

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 26, 2012

I eat these raw as muesli, cooked as oatmeal, ground for cookies and pancakes--all gluten free! They are more expensive than regular oats or even organic, but I cannot take the chance of any gluten content. These do not make me sick. And they are priced about $2 less here on iHerb than in my local health food store. Hold back for 5 stars is their price and that they are not organic. I do understand the increased cost as Bob's takes measures for special crops as well as handling to keep these oats entirely gluten-free. I only wish they were also organic. Contrary to some rumors, Bob's Red Mill does not use extra herbicides for their gluten-free oats. Still wish we could get both certified gluten free and organic in one oat.

At last GF oats for me

Posted by Reviewer2970084 on Jun 01, 2011

I am loving having this product in the cupboard. Cooked up in the pressure cooker they are soft and creamy and eaten with the Hemp Protein powder a superb start to my day. Will buy again

good product!

Posted by Reviewer2792621 on Mar 23, 2012

just is not as soft as a porridge oats in common, but the simple fact of not having gluten compensates for this minor defect. I am not celiac but I choose to avoid gluten, because I believe that gluten is not good for athletic performance and not for the health of the intestine. I will continue using this oats.

Oats again

Posted by Reviewer2663506 on Nov 17, 2012

Just as good as the steel cut

Bob's Red Mill gf oats

Posted by sconley on Dec 29, 2013

We got these for my husbands gf diet to make oatmeal and no bake cookies. The cookies turn out great but the oatmeal is very mushy. My husband is used to the instant packets so he was disappointed with this texture. Will buy again because it's our only gf option but wish there was another brand to try.

Good oats

Posted by Jasmine44 on May 22, 2014

This batch was a little tough & chewy (actually I like my oatmeal this way but my husband complained...he likes it mushier)but I find that with any natural foods the taste and texture can vary slightly. I have to cook this a little longer & still find its texture a little courser than the last batch. Will continue to buy!

Good

Posted by 5671776102968405493 on Aug 27, 2014

Always love Bob's Red Mill product!

Not the most fragrant or tastiest rolled oats I have had, but ...

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Jan 17, 2015

the one I like best is not certified gluten-free, so I am grateful to Bob's for this. Do wish it were organic though.

Wish it were organic

Posted by Reviewer1514717 on Feb 07, 2016

This does not hurt my stomach like regular oats so I am very happy about that. I just wish that it were organic and then it would be perfect.

good

Posted by Reviewer1301975 on Feb 06, 2010

this oatmeal is good.