• Customer Ratings

FREAKING AWESOME

Posted by TheSoulfulSpoon on Aug 18, 2012

I LOVE these buckwheat groats. I know they don't say raw on the package, but I soaked them for 12 hours, rinsed, and then soaked again 12 hours, rinsed and used them in my morning soaked oats cereal( combined soaked oats with the groats), and they were AWESOME. They did sprout after 36 hours too, so they must be pretty raw! They are sweet, nutty, high in protein and grain free ( buckwheat is the seed of a fruit). Will buy again!

Great superfood

Posted by 5658588784603408118 on Oct 21, 2014

I'd never had buckwheat in my life, so when I found it in iHerb's catalogue at so convenient a price, I decided to get it. Buckwheat does not have a very strong flavour or anything, but that makes it ideal to have it as a savoury side--with sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions is delicious--or as a hot cereal in the morning. If you're looking for a more nutritious alternative to oats, look no more--have buckwheat. Ok, it is more expensive than oats, but it's worth it.

Beautiful Product

Posted by jcdasilva on Oct 06, 2012

These are delicious and tasty groats. I soak them overnight and then add chia and almond/rice milk in the morning and fresh berries/fruit! delicious and raw nutritious breakfast! Great product!

didn't like it

Posted by 4830767391268982508 on Feb 16, 2015

I don't know, if it's just some another type of buckwheat or what, it completely another taste from the buckwheat I used to eat in Russia. I can't even cook it properly, don't understand why is it so different

Red Hills Buckwheat Groats

Posted by Reviewer2954337 on Jun 12, 2012

I could not eat it. The taste was bitter like wormwood. I had to throw it away. I think the product was not fresh.

availability

Posted by Reviewer2424025 on Jan 01, 2008

I am always looking for gluten free alternatives and iherbs has the selection I needed. Thanks, Kay

Red Mill Whole Grain Buckwheat

Posted by 4911952558839957168 on Aug 25, 2012

Excellent product at a good price. Red Mill is a brand I always look for, the company has a fresh product that tastes great.

Good!

Posted by Reviewer1664422 on Aug 02, 2011

Good!

i love buckwheat groats

Posted by Reviewer2017826 on Aug 09, 2011

This is my first time trying them and I love them. This is good quality products.

Delicious!

Posted by 6apollonia6 on Nov 15, 2011

A great daily treat, goes well with berries or rhubarb. No creepy crawly additions that I have found in inferior brands - clean un contaminated and gluten free product.