Vital Wheat Gluten

Posted by Reviewer1839530 on Jun 16, 2008

Works really easy in making seitan. For someone who recently became a vegan makes making seitan a snap

Mircea Micula

Posted by Reviewer1760468 on Oct 26, 2007

I am very happy with the wheat gluten I ordered, it makes a lot of difference in my rye bread. I wish I had discovered this secret sooner. Thank you.

Perfect everytime.

Posted by 5329945723409160480 on Apr 29, 2016

I use this brand exclusively for VWG now, because the quality is amazing, it's cheap, long lasting and makes excellent seitan and baked goods.

Fantastic for Seitan

Posted by yumsome on Dec 15, 2014

I use Bob's VWG to make seitan, and can say that without any shadow of a doubt, it's a brilliant product. So quick to use as well, plus it has the advantage that because there is no rinsing, I can add seasonings and flavourings to the mix. I definitely recommend Bob's!

Makes great Seitan, too !!!

Posted by Reviewer2318793 on Mar 01, 2012

I use Bob's Red Mill, Vital Wheat Gluten when making pizza dough and different breads because it gives the flour and extra kick and seems to react better to the yeast. I've been using a lot of whole grains in my mix, so the added gluten really helps. The latest order was specifically bought for making Seitan, though. I've been using Seitan in place of meats to get additional protein, since becoming a vegan after bypass surgery. I became weary of coming home empty handed when my local Natural Foods Store was out of Seitan, so have decided to make it myself. I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't have the same texture or flavor of what I'd been purchasing, but as it turned out, Bob's Red Mill (Gluten) was excellent. It was easy to make and delicious. Of course, I can't give Bob's all the credit, I did have to add the herbs and spices with which I wanted to flavor the Seitan. I've been using it regularly now, without any difficulties. It's a good product... you'll see yourself, if you try it.

Good product, great service

Posted by Reviewer2356751 on Dec 06, 2010

I use this for making seitan and it always turns out great. Also use some when I'm baking wholewheat bread. As usual, everything from iherb arrived quickly.

Good protein source, timely delivery and good prices

Posted by Reviewer2388276 on Oct 14, 2009

We are vegetarians and I had been looking for a protein source to be included in our diet, especially because I wanted to lose some weight. We make seitan out of the flour. This product is excellent as I found that this has a higher protein to carbohydrate ratio compared to other wheat gluten flour brands. The prices at iherb are unbeatable, especially when you order in bulk and save on shipping costs.

good

Posted by Reviewer1946064 on Aug 01, 2009

This flour was fine.

Vital Wheat Gluten supplied by iherb.com

Posted by 5115941754756042523 on Jul 12, 2012

I have received the item in good condition. This product has given me full satisfaction. I will use your services when I need similar products in future.

Seitan

Posted by Chelsea on Oct 27, 2013

I have recently become vegan and am trying my hand at seitan. Wheat gluten is hard to find here in Sweden, so I was happy when I found it at Iherb. It's so much easier to make than I would have thought, and this brand seems really good! I haven't tried so many, but the finished product is sooo tasty that I feel like I can endorse it. Super easy to use, too. If my review was helpful, check out my iherb page for more :)