New To iHerb?

Carlson Labs, Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, Lemon, 8.4 fl oz (250 ml)

The best tasting Cod Liver oil

Posted by Reviewer1401937 on Mar 25, 2007

I started taking Cod Liver Oil in 1980. This is the best tasting product I have ever tried. It makes taking cod liver oil so much easier. It has very little Fishey taste and a nice lemon flavor. If you have trouble with the taste, this is the one for you.

Doctor Recommended

Posted by Reviewer3020790 on Aug 16, 2008

My optometrist suggested I take this specific cod liver oil to help combat chronic dry eye (along with flaxseed oil). He said he recommended Carlson brand for its purity and the lemon flavor. While it's not something I look FORWARD to taking, it is pleasant tasting and doesn't have an aftertaste. Plus, I have seen an improvement in my dry eye condition since starting the oils. Compared to local health food stores, iHerb's price is good, too.

Not ok for me

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 10, 2012

I have problem with this product. I have doubt on the purity of this product. This is because I am sensitive to mercury and heavy metal element. It causes my eye twitching problem even worst. This is because it agitates my nerve system that control this part of face. Mercury and heavy metal weaken our nerve system.

Makes a big difference.

Posted by PinkOveralls on Mar 22, 2011

I now take a teaspoon morning and night. I think my mental clarity and physical energy have improved. The biggest difference came in the effect the cod liver oil had on internal inflammation. I suffered from intermittent but chronic chest pains for over 10 years. Homeopathy helped a little, but they always returned. Acupuncture helped, but didn't cure. Doctors and heart specialists had no answers. The only thing that alleviated the discomfort was a heat pack. Within days of starting on this cod liver oil, the chest pains were gone. I wasn't sure why, but when I did some research I found that cod liver oil is helpful in reducing inflammation. I had been taking various omega oils for years, but none had the effect that Carlsons oil. The taste is even pleasant, as others have noted.

Kathleen McMahon

Posted by Reviewer1598988 on Mar 04, 2008

My husband takes this every morning to lower his cholesterol. He swears this really works.