• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Reviews | English

So glad I purchased this

Posted by Reviewer2995995 on Mar 03, 2010

I've never bought a bottle of Cod liver oil before. I like seafood so I wanted the unadulterated version. This stuff RULES!! I was shocked how thin and light it is. Roughly the consistency of heated coconut oil. I gladly down a tablespoon of this, put it on rice, my dog loves this stuff almost as much as she loves freeze dried liver. She's banana's for it. This single handedly cured my winter skin. Dried thighs, ankles, forearms, triceps, hands, face. Well, I bought some NOW alvocado oil which I recommend you couple with this (for hands and face). It was night and day difference in a matter of 2 weeks. True story about my Great Uncle. He passed away of natural causes at 107 years old. Worked at a local newspaper company in Waltham MA until he was 90. Drove a car until he was 93. Surfed the internet to keep abreast of local news from his hometown of Moncton in Canada and could email friends basically until he passed on. He was happy, witty and very healthy all the way to 106 when he started to break down. The things he said kept him so healthy and happy was staying connected with people, keeping mentally stimulated and most importantly COD LIVER OIL every day since he was 10.

use for my dogs

Posted by Reviewer1447082 on Oct 28, 2008

they love it -- fishy taste and all -- please don't discontinue, they won't eat any fish oil with flavoring

Best Cod Liver Oil on Market

Posted by Reviewer1274616 on Jan 03, 2011

This stuff rocks. Really helps my joints...I have rheumatoid arthritis.

Very good product

Posted by tinatherese on Sep 27, 2011

I am from Norway but live in Australia, this is a Norwegian brand and I know that they have one of the best cod liver oils you can get, so I have to buy this one, it reminds me of my childhood.. It is expensive, but I am really happy with it and I am waiting on a second bottle of it now!!

high quality performance.

Posted by Reviewer2189233 on Nov 06, 2011

THIS ALONG WITH vitamin K -2 as Jarrow MK7 is reenamlizing my tooth cavity and preventing a costly root canal.

John Polifronio

Posted by Reviewer1982616 on Oct 14, 2008

In this case, I was disappointed by a distinct change in the character of the oil. I had ordered this Carlson product in the past, with the "regular" flavor. I can't tell if the oil is "bad," only that it is noticeably less "sweet," and left a annoying taste and sensation in my throat, etc. When I ordered this exact same product with "regular" flavor, in the past, it was so sweet, so fresh, so delicious, that it more than justified my willingness to order it in the regular flavor. I called your offices and offered to return the bottle, in exchange for the Lemon-flavored version. I subsequently ordered the Lemon-flavored version of this product.

better than the flavored one.

Posted by Reviewer3177250 on Oct 01, 2009

I chose to get the regular flavor because the last time i purchased cod liver oil with "Lemon flavor" it coated my tongue bright yellow. I dont know what the "lemon flavor" is made out of, but it's not lemons. To mask the taste I just chug water right after it, or add some REAL lemon juice. Problem solved.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2278133 on Jun 08, 2011

On it's own, the taste is very fishy, but that really can't be helped considering it is regular flavored. After all, I think most of us are ordering this for the added benefits not taste. I wanted to avoid any additives so I went with regular and mix in lemon juice. This helps out a lot!

Potency and Purity you can Trust

Posted by Reviewer2932695 on Jan 16, 2010

I've been taking one teaspoon/day (in the morning) for a couple of years, now, and I love it. There are as many ways to get around the "distinctive" taste of cod liver oil as there are readers of this review. Myself, I stir one teaspoon into 1/4 oz. of any sweet juice and swig it fast. Boom. Done. Since I desire as little alteration as is possible, I prefer the regular flavor to any flavored product. I highly recommend this product, and I am a loyal customer.

best oil for healthy immune system

Posted by Reviewer1897007 on Dec 02, 2010

this oil has improved my immune system immensely and i dont get colds any more

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »