• This item may require a doctor's prescription in order to be shipped to Korea.

• Customer Ratings

easy to digest

Posted by 5671283837922180623 on Mar 27, 2016

I have glaucoma amd I take lipoic acid when I feel the pressure rising in my eyes and it works, I came across country life lipoic aid and found out it was more easy to digest than other brands maybe because its a reduced form, im very pleased with this product I recommend it for glaucoma and eye health.

needed

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Nov 16, 2014

It acts as an antioxidant, it neutralizes several toxins including heavy metals lead and cadmium, and acts as a co-enzyme for recycling other antioxidants including the master antioxidant Glutathione and also vitamins C and E. (It has an ability to enhance Glutathione function in cases of Glutathione deficiencies – most known diseases show Glutathione deficiencies especially in their chronic state). Also, regulates glucose levels. More than one is necessary, to see the effects.

Unsure

Posted by 4988911506469353512 on Apr 16, 2014

Purchased for a family member. They stated "not what I thought it was". Further stated did not notice any changes.

Does well to Detoxify my liver after a heavy workout!

Posted by MyPersonalReview on Jan 13, 2014

Does well to Detoxify my liver after a heavy workout! However, giving it for 4 stars for the pricing. Do click my username NOW and view my page in Iherb to see all the reviews I have written of those purchased products I ordered in Iherb. ( It may takes days to months before I write the review as I need to try them thoroughly ensuring the preciseness and accurate experience taking in comparison to the thousands of page of research papers I have read which is the main reason leading me to buy the product from Iherb because simply, I want to contribute myself in this humanity world.

Natural ALA

Posted by iJenNZ on Aug 15, 2012

r Lipoic acid is more biologically active than the synthetic s lipoic acid. Unless otherwise indicated supplements will be a mix of r and s ala. This was the most reasonably priced r-ala I could find. ALA is said to be more effective if taken in conjunction with acetyl-L-carnitine.

Reduces oxidative stress!

Posted by Reviewer2346507 on Jul 21, 2012

R-lipoic acid helps maintain optimal blood sugar levels by helping the body to use glucose.

versteld

Posted by Reviewer2452470 on Jun 29, 2012

helpt echt de huid te verbeteren

Detoxing, powerful antioxidant

Posted by vitality on Apr 17, 2012

Seems more effective than ALA but is hard to tell. Capsules seem good for better absorption - they're smallish too. Definitely take r-lipoic or ALA if you're fighting cancer.

Last few bottles have been polymerized (hardened)

Posted by Reviewer1412707 on Mar 03, 2012

I've been using this for a while, and had been very satisfied. I normally open the capsules and take the powder in divided doses. I immediately noticed something was different with some recently purchased bottles: the contents of the capsules -- in all four recently purchased bottles (all same batch number) -- were essentially solid, instead of the normal loose powder. It was possible to sort of "mush" the solid mass and turn part of it into powder, but only part. The rest was hard clumps. I noticed something else: the normal "bite" on the tongue I notice when taking the powder was mostly -- though not entirely -- absent. I described this to a friend of mine who's a chemist who said that ALA is extremely heat sensitive, and that the shipment probably became "polymerized," and was now mostly worthless (though not dangerous at all). IHerb's excellent customer service refunded my money, so no complaints about IHerb. But I'll be switching to a diff. brand of ALA.

Good :)

Posted by Reviewer2450345 on Feb 06, 2012

really small and there is no powerful impact as soon as eat it. but i think it might makes my body better.