Protects from the odor

Posted by KatySmile on May 30, 2013

This mineral salts (Alum) fights with the bacteria that cause the odor. Prevent smell and not harmful as an antiperspirants. It won't protect you from sweating but it will help you to stay fresh. It works with me and I won't use antiperspirants from now. If you like my review please press YES.

Small, odd, wet, provides roughly 8-hour protection

Posted by RobertJohnson on Mar 16, 2009

It can be a fun (and cheap) deodorant choice for travel; just don't expect anything too heavy-duty here. Also, for those who are into this in an effort to avoid aluminum... folks, this product is a rock of aluminum salt.

Is actually made from aluminum

Posted by 5292498033271927261 on Jul 03, 2013

Ammonium alum is a type aluminum. Threw it away after finding out.

Posted by naturellen on Oct 07, 2010

Didn't work for me: didn't keep the moisture away from my underarms and definitely didn't keep the smell away. I did apply the deodorant very carefully and tried to really rub the well moistened stone to my skin and still it didn't work.

great stuff

Posted by ledenec on May 02, 2013

This product is really great for all my family. Thank you iherb!!!

Really good

Posted by Francois on Aug 13, 2014

Stone Crystal Deodorant is made from minerals and salts that occur in nature. In theory, the thin layer of salt applied to your skin can prevent the growth of bacteria, and thus control odor. A crystal can be very low cost and can last up to a year. But does it work? The Good It actually works – odor protection for 18+ hours Better for You – crystal deodorants have a hazard rating of 0 on the Environmental Working Groups Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. Saves Money – the cost of a deodorant crystal is about the same or less than commercial antiperspirants, but can last for months and months. Does not stain clothes Fragrance free Easy to travel with, not messy at all. The Bad Not an antiperspirant – does not prevent sweating, only odor Must be applied wet and then allowed to dry Come to my page (click on my name at the top reviews, highlighted in blue), and you will find there is a lot of useful information

Great !

Posted by OrganicGirl on May 29, 2013

I don't want to use aluminium but unfortunately I need this deodorant when temperature is rising. Most of the time I use Nature's Paradise babypowder as deodorant wich works surprisingly well. Feel free to visit my page (click on my name) for more reviews.

works

Posted by Marishkaaa on Jun 07, 2012

It works... only in winter)

Don't like it

Posted by Reviewer1113815 on Apr 09, 2011

I don't use it cause don't think it is effective as many think

Effective but contains an aluminium compound

Posted by NaturalMum on Mar 02, 2015

This deodorant works better than any other natural deodorant I've tried. You will need to reapply if undertaking strenuous activity or are a heavy sweater but perspiration seems to be reduced. Therein lies my issue with this deodorant as in commercial deodorant the function of aluminium is to stop you sweating. I've searched for studies on the safety of ammonium alum, the compound in this deodorant, but have not been able to find anything conclusive. As such I use this product sparingly and avoid it after shaving altogether. After reading many studies showing links between breast cancer and aluminium containing deodorants it just doesn't seem worth risking the safety of this compound when there are other good deodorants available. On my page you will find reviews of several different aluminium free deodorants. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products and pregnancy/nursing-friendly vitamins and supplements.