Sodium lauryl sulfate

Posted by Reviewer2487128 on Mar 19, 2012

No SLS this company claims. Well Sodium coco sulfate that is listed in this shampoo has the exact same chemical number as the strong harmful substance Sodium lauryl sulfate. Sodium coco sulfate=Sodium lauryl sulfate. I bought this shampoo without checking ingredient list properly first. Smells good but will put it in the trash since I do NOT use harmful strong sulfates in my hair. I hate when companies try to fool consumers. Everything else I have bought at iherb has been good but this one was a big NO.

SLS from Coconut not good

Posted by MacnAZ on Jun 05, 2016

I have been doing the best that I can to avoid SLS and SLES for many months. I was pleased that I had learned that these chemicals could cause skin problems and that it was best to AVOID them. You can find these chemicals in toothpaste, soaps and many other items that will contact your body in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I started to wonder about Sodium Coco Sulfate and decided to do research and find ANSWERS! When I did the research I was very disappointed with what I found because the companies that are making a BIG DEAL about their product being from coconut is misleading. It is an outright LIE that the coconut form of SLS is different. It is NOT! They are DECEIVING the consumer. Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Coco Sulfate are chemically THE SAME! [CH3(CH2)11SO4Na] There is no difference in the molecular structure. They are synthetic detergents. Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) is made by mixing lauryl alcohol with sulfuric acid and then adding sodium carbonate. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is actually worse and to make it less irritating they ethoxylate it. This means they add ethylene oxide to modify it. This reduces the irritation level of the chemical. SLES is a cheaper form of SLS and that is why many companies use it. The source of the raw materials; whether from coconut oil, palm oil or petroleum does not matter. Through the chemical synthesizing process the end product is still SLS or SLES and it is STILL BAD! The end product is very different from the raw materials that are used. I am not able to put my source links here, so do some research of your own and then we can expose the deceptive labeling that some companies are using.

Smells Great

Posted by Reviewer2616364 on Nov 26, 2009

Imparts incrediable shine and smells wonderful.

Not good for my hair

Posted by Reviewer2762075 on Apr 30, 2012

Way too drying for my hair, won't be being again. Nice smell though.

Desert Essence, Organics Hair Car, Red Raspberry Shampoo, 8 floz

Posted by Reviewer1679383 on Jul 07, 2008

I would recommend this shampoo and conditioner to anyone that has fine hair. It doesen't weigh your hair down. It also smells wonderful, you would have to be a rasberry fan.

Great Smell and Great shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1812920 on Nov 12, 2008

I love all organic products from Desert Essence, all shampoos, soaps, and lotions. Doesn't make my hair fall off or dry like other natural or especially commerical shampoos. Iherb.com makes it easier and cheaper for me to buy these products. I bought about 12 plus 10 items from Iherb.com last time. I will always buy from this website. Thanks Iherb.com

Great Line!!!

Posted by Reviewer2656139 on May 22, 2009

We love this line of shampoos & conditioners!!!

LOVE

Posted by lipslife on Apr 13, 2012

Leaves your hair smelling amazing!! Real raspberry smell:) Soo good!

Posted by Reviewer2688599 on Jan 01, 2012

Smells good

très bon shamp !!

Posted by missblackline on Jul 14, 2012

très doux et sent trop bon : les cheveux sont brillants et ça mousse très bien ^^