Good, but not quite what I'm looking for

Posted by Reviewer2935653 on Jan 12, 2012

I bought this and the matching conditioner. The shampoo is thick coming out of the bottle, and it smells more like pina colada coconut to me than straight-up coconut. It lathers well (much richer lather than I was expecting) and rinses easily. It didn't tangle my hair as I was washing it like some shampoos can. My hair and scalp felt clean and fresh. My only complaint is that it's still a little on the drying side for me. Using the "condition-wash-condition" method and avoiding the ends of my hair when shampooing helped abate this somewhat, but I was hoping for a shampoo that would be moisturizing in its own right. This would probably be excellent for people with normal to slightly dry hair. My hair is just a little too dry and damaged for this to work for me.

Not sulfate free. Somewhat drying.

Posted by Mary-B333 on Apr 08, 2015

I think this is a nice product, but it uses sodium coco-sulfate, basically a unrefined version of SLS. I think this is the main ingredient people are using natural products are trying to avoid, so I find it a tad misleading that it is included. It still has a lot better ingredients than regular shampoos, but it's not something I would purchase again. It does create a really nice lather (because it has sulfates) and has a nice scent that isn't too overpowering. *****Check out my page for more product reviews. I am a natural beauty blogger that tries lots of stuff and knows a lot about natural products!*****

Just Ok... the smell of syntactic

Posted by 5600041758713355158 on Mar 08, 2016

I think it's a little too oily for me as I have fine/thin hair. But if you have dry hair this is great for you.

not as good as I exepted...

Posted by Reviewer2574806 on Apr 26, 2011

good fragrance, but a little bit "strong" on my head because of benzyl alcohol...

Totally fine.

Posted by Reviewer2940226 on Aug 31, 2011

Compared to the conditioner, which I really liked, I must give the shampoo one star less. I really like the smell, but I don't think it lathers enough. Together with the conditioner it does the job, but I credit the conditioner for that.

Harsh

Posted by Reviewer3355900 on Dec 02, 2011

This product made my hair really hard, but it smells great.

Good but tangles

Posted by Reviewer2058205 on Mar 22, 2011

I like that it is does not have sulfates, silicones etc. It is to be expected that it will leave my hair very knotted and "tangly" because it does not have the silicone. It works for what it is. A good shampoo, but I wouldn't say it makes my hair soft or smooth. In fact it doesn't really oil my hair at all.

Nice!

Posted by Reviewer2510989 on Apr 07, 2011

Love the coconut sent!

its ok!

Posted by Reviewer1946798 on Jan 14, 2012

too mild for my hair needs! smells great! Fast shipping! Thanks iherb!

Not suitable for itchy scalp

Posted by Reviewer3132195 on May 08, 2012

I've been reading so many good reviews about this product before I actually purchased it and I thought I should give it a try. I've got itchy scalp and greasy hair up from the roots, but down to the ends it's all brittle, dull and dry. I must say I was impressed by the feeling I've got after I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair! Even it's frizziness was gone! But...here comes the but... My scalp was even itchier!!! I've stared at myself in the mirror scratching the hell out of my scalp just like a dog!!! I have to treat my itchiness and I will probably use the rest of this shampoo (and it's a lot since I've used it 5 times) when I will have to wash my hair daily due to my swimming trainings.