Lightweight moisturizer with invisible, non-nano technology, mineral sunscreen

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Jul 09, 2012

I am finishing my first tube of Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+. It is fluid, very light, non-greasy, invisible on my skin. It has a subtle refined smell. Containing hyaluronic acid, it does bring moisture to the skin, but as it is not rich, is doesn't help to retain moisture inside the skin so much, so I wouldn't recommend it alone for very dry skins. With 19% zinc oxide, is provides good UVB and UVA protection, without leaving any white cast on the skin at all. Now, this cream being quite fluid, it is easy to spread only a very small amount onto the whole face, in which case the UV protection is low, which I realized recently from my (very) light freckles beginning to show. I now make sure I apply a bit more generously, letting it sink into the skin before I re-apply. It seems to protect my skin properly now. As regards the formula, it does not contain any harmful ingredients. And Devita guaranties that this product does not contain any zinc nano-particles (particles less than 100 nm diameter, providing invisible sun protection but suspected to penetrate the skin and into the blood stream provoking oxidative stress and DNA damage) but only micronized zinc (240 nm in average). This mineral sunscreen is as invisible as the ones with the potentially harmful nano-technologies, but seemingly without the health hazard.

Quality control isn't good

Posted by Reviewer1415100 on Apr 10, 2013

I originally wrote a glowing review for this lotion, but I have now since ordered at least two of these that have not been good in terms of quality control. The vast majority of the ones I have received have been excellent, and apply very smoothly without any sort of flaking. It really makes your skin glow. But on two occasions, I have received this product and it was much thicker than usual, and when applied was really pasty (definitely no glow). I actually had to wash my face once to start over with another lotion as the flaking was so bad. I really like this lotion, I wish they could have better quality control as I don't really trust it anymore.

Best facial suncreen I have ever used

Posted by Reviewer3139450 on Jan 08, 2012

I've sampled every mineral sunscreen available here in Australia, and this is by far the best. Light yet moisturizing, it leaves my skin comfortable and protected. Ensure you apply amply when you are out in the sun, a proper dollop not a smidge, that goes for any sunscreen. Absolutely no white cast! I have dark skin and have trouble finding sunscreen that doesn't leave either ashen or some strange purple hue. If you have the same trouble, I definitely recommend this sunscreen.Oil free and doesn't clog pores. I have combination, sensitive acne prone skin and I use this with absolutely no trouble. It is very moisturizing and in the warmer months I can use this over my serums, with not additional moisturizer.

Disappointed!

Posted by 5483666111819482354 on Aug 20, 2013

I tried this moisturizer last year and I loved it... I'd been looking for an all-natural daily moisturizer with an SPF. The texture was nice, it wasn't too heavy or greasy. I decided to buy it again, but they must have changed the formula, or I got a bad batch, but it is terrible! It goes on white and chalky and leaves white residue in my eyebrows and around my hairline. And worst of all it's like there is sand in the moisturizer! This is a cream people, not an exfoliator! There are literally hard white grains all throughout that end up on my face and do not dissolve. Super upsetting. The formula was great before, don't understand why they'd change something and make it worse. Plus, it's not exactly cheap. Will be returning.

Bad!

Posted by Reviewer1258543 on Sep 23, 2013

Didn't realise the formulation had changed. Should have read reviews again before re-purchase! This leaves my face whitish and dry even though I apply a very thin layer of oil prior application. Flakes badly, white residue all over face until I am doubtful if there's any protection left on my face.

No good anymore :(

Posted by username161 on Nov 04, 2013

Used to be amazing, silky sheer lotion that melted into my skin and left no white cast, and blended well with make-up. Then they changed the formula and it is now a sticky white mess that leaves a white cast and flakes off or balls up when you try to blend it in. I emailed Devita October last year and they said their 'micronised' zinc supplier could no longer supply them so they had to change suppliers and were trying to improve the new formula so I kept buying the stuff thinking eventually I'd get a new and improved tube - sadly I have not, time to give up. Such a shame as it was the absolute perfect sunscreen for me!

Used to be my 'go to' sunscreen

Posted by Reviewer3045505 on Nov 11, 2013

I have been using this sunscreen for about 3 yrs and loved it. But, for the past year, it comes out of the tube in white clumps, and after a few minutes of applying it starts to peel off of when I apply foundation over it. I kept buying it thinking, it will get better but this latest batch feels more like an apricot scrub than a sunscreen. It's sad to say that I am on the market for a new product.

Best sunblock moisturizer ever

Posted by Reviewer1599618 on Aug 24, 2010

I have tried several moisturizers with sunblocks but this one is by far the nicest. It blends in your skin very fast, doesn't leave it oily and what's even better: it's completely natural!

Used to be amazing

Posted by 5151418085119559794 on Oct 23, 2013

This product used to be amazing almost melting into the skin leaving no white cast what so ever. Then Devita changed the formula and called it 'new and improved', but unfortunately now it does leave a white cast so I can no longer use this product, what a shame. Devita we want the old formulation back.

Wanted to love this, but...

Posted by Reviewer2648441 on Jan 24, 2012

It made me break out. This is probably a great product, my skin is just very sensitive so don't let my review deter you from trying it. I haven't had luck finding any product with SPF that hasn't broken me out, so the quest continues...