Underwhelming Brand

Posted by Reviewer1105031 on Oct 23, 2009

I am very much sold on 5-HTP as a supplement for its many benefits (sleep and mood), however both my wife and I found this brand to be less effective than other brands. NOW and (especially) HEALTHY ORIGINS were noticeably more effective than this one.

Not cutting it

Posted by Reviewer2357234 on Apr 04, 2012

UPDATE TO EARLIER REVIEW: I've had to go back on antidepressant after being on 5HTP. I thought it was working but in reality it was about 30% as good as my antidepressant. I started having suicidal thoughts, crying spells, waking in the night, unable to deal socially with people, apathy etc. etc. My morning anxiety was also through the roof. I had to be honest and admit these were not the wonder pills I wanted them to be. Please do not feel bad if you are a person like me who has to be on antidepressants. I've tried every natural alternative known to man. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I tried this after reading the great reviews. I had just had shocking withdrawals from Effexor after being on it for eight years - another story... Anyhow at first this didn't work well for me and I despaired thinking I would have to go back on an AD. I did not see quick results like most people. It has taken a good month and an increase in dose to see the same effect as Effexor which is pretty remarkable. I take 2 tablets per day, one a.m. one evening and I find this dose works for me. One a day was just barely getting me by and giving me good and bad days. You may need to experiment a bit and/or wait longer than just a few days to see results. Definitely happy that it's working now though as I have never wanted to be on ADs long term and this is a great natural alternative!

Doesn't work

Posted by j44lee on Jul 10, 2013

It makes me feel almost guilty to see that there are 312 reviews averaging 4.5 stars for this 5-HTP formula. It didn't do ANYTHING for my mild depression and anxiety issues. The endorphins I get from working out 3-4 days a week works wonders for me, but certain ailments can't be helped from a bottle.

Didn't use it

Posted by Reviewer1073827 on Nov 14, 2013

Don't know why I bought this, but didn't use, because have read negative reviews of this, So don't know will it work. :(

Not working..

Posted by haeeliniel on Apr 23, 2015

Before I bought this brand, I used the Zoi 5htp and it was working. But since it's been discontinued, I had to find an alternative and this isn't it. It's just not working.

Kuei Chen Liu, Pharm. D.

Posted by Reviewer1174984 on Jan 27, 2009

Just start for 3 weeks has not seen any result yet

LEO

Posted by Reviewer3140083 on Jul 24, 2008

DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS WAS RECOMENDET BY A FRIEND.BY JUST GOING TO THE RESULT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS.I WILL GIVE 2 STARS ,IN ABOUT 1 TO 2 MONTHS I WILL KNOW MORE

Made me tired. All Day.

Posted by Reviewer1777492 on Oct 17, 2014

I was trying to use this to replace Wellbutrin. Didn't really work. Wellbutrin gives you energy. This makes me tired all day. And then I get down and depressed with no energy. Sometimes it doesn't do that, but most days it makes me tired all day. I'm even drinking coffee and it makes me tired. I don't want to go back on Wellbutrin, but I think if I stop taking 5-htp, at least I won't be so darned tired. And depressed.

No obvious effects

Posted by 4878463975267174910 on Sep 16, 2013

I have not experienced any particular effects from taking 5-HTP.

htp 5