10% Off Orders Over $40!

Doctor's Best, Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, 588 mg, 120 Capsules

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Acetyl L-Carnitine is advanced form of L-Carnitine works much better than L-Carnitine. Acetyl L-Carnitine improves the immune system, energy production and weight loss by moving your fats to the mitochondria to product energy, is anti-aging by slowing the natural aging process, boosts the brain function and mental energy through numerous ways and shown to slow/reverse neurodegenerative diseases. It’s a powerful antioxidant that is fat and liquid soluble, meaning that it can easily reach most parts of the body, including crossing the blood brain barrier. Unlike most supplements, Acetyl L-Carntine shows its benefits, like better focus and sharpness almost instantly (usually within 1-2 hours). It’s also a good way to show supplement sceptics that supplement works and are impatient to wait for the long term benefits. The price is the most competitive as well.The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), normal size and easy to swallow. Personally, I find that I no longer have mental fog and can concentrate for a long time. I also find myself remembering names and things that I am suppose to have forgotten more than 10 years! The suggested dosage is 1-4 capsules. Personally, it’s hard for me to recommend. You probably have to try trial and error. For me, 2 capsules daily are just right. 4 capsules tend to cause overstimulation for me. Taking it too close to sleeping time also makes it difficult to fall asleep. Exercising is a lot easier and my timing for running has definitely improved a lot. Weight maintenance is much easier as you get the energy to go for more workouts. I think the only downside of Acetyl L-Carnitine is that once you get so used to the benefits, you will feel very sluggish and more tired if you stop taking it. However, this is no reason to stop taking! Note that the supplements do contain many flow agents or binders etc. Check out my page for more reviews!

It gives me a bit of a mental boost

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

I have been taking 2 tablets a day for a few months. One in the morning and the other in the afternoon. I will say, my mind is sharper and my memory is a bit better. It is also good for muscles including the heart. Give it a few weeks before you judge it. Do not take it too late in the day or it may impact your sleep. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Doctor's Best, Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL, 588 mg, 120 capsule

Posted by Reviewer2243914 on Oct 14, 2011

I would totally recommend this product for mental clarity, enhanced memory and focus and concentration. I found this product very helpful this semester for university courses, which I thought have lost my focus. I shared this product with my dorm-mate and she swears by this. So we ordered another two bottles of it. I would never live without this ALCAR, It is a magic pill for students or anyone who wants enhanced focus, concentration and better memory. You have to combine this with Alpha Lipoic Acid for for even better results. iherb is wonderful in their services, my purchase was delivered within 5 working days here in Fiji.

Healthy energizer and focus agent.

Posted by mozzer on May 31, 2012

One to 3 grams before a workout and anytime you need a mental lift. Combine with Alpha GPC, Methyl B-12, Bacopa, PS, Ginkgo or any other of your preferred mental acuity products for excellent drive and focus all day.

Improvement in athletic performance!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

I started taking this product after the Perricone recommendation, Acetyl L Carnitine, is supposed to be anti inflammatory and improves mitochondrial function. I take it with my omegas for better absorption. I think it has improved my athletic performance. Another very good product is Carnityl by Thorne Research. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.