• Positively the best value in the world for certified Sigma Tau (Italian made) Acetyl L-Carnitine!
  • Reviews | English

Doctor's Best, Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL, 588 mg, 120 capsule

Posted by Reviewer2243914 on Oct 14, 2011

I would totally recommend this product for mental clarity, enhanced memory and focus and concentration. I found this product very helpful this semester for university courses, which I thought have lost my focus. I shared this product with my dorm-mate and she swears by this. So we ordered another two bottles of it. I would never live without this ALCAR, It is a magic pill for students or anyone who wants enhanced focus, concentration and better memory. You have to combine this with Alpha Lipoic Acid for for even better results. iherb is wonderful in their services, my purchase was delivered within 5 working days here in Fiji.

Improvement in athletic performance!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

I started taking this product after the Perricone recommendation, Acetyl L Carnitine, is supposed to be anti inflammatory and improves mitochondrial function. I take it with my omegas for better absorption. I think it has improved my athletic performance. Another very good product is Carnityl by Thorne Research. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Quality and Purity first

Posted by Reviewer1205125 on Mar 12, 2008

If you are using a Chinese made product, you could be putting your health in danger. Doctor's Best is made without the D isomer that can cause cells to not function properly and possibly die. If you cannot find out the D isomer content of a product, or they won't tell you, then don't buy that brand of carnitine. Buy only products containing carnitine made by Sigma Tau or Lonza.

Healthy energizer and focus agent.

Posted by mozzer on May 31, 2012

One to 3 grams before a workout and anytime you need a mental lift. Combine with Alpha GPC, Methyl B-12, Bacopa, PS, Ginkgo or any other of your preferred mental acuity products for excellent drive and focus all day.

Good for daydreaming and verbal skills

Posted by bODYhACK3r on Oct 22, 2012

Odd but true! Did really well on exams and my fantasies (not sexual lol) become much more prolonged and clear.

Brain power, Get Your Memory back!

Posted by Reviewer2925093 on Feb 04, 2011

Acetyl-LCarnitine can give you back your memory. I used to be so forgetful, to the point of it being scary. Now I take Doctor's Best A-L-C, one of my favorite brands, and Phosphatidylserine. Two very good memory boosters.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Acetyl L-Carnitine is advanced form of L-Carnitine works much better than L-Carnitine. Acetyl L-Carnitine improves the immune system, energy production and weight loss by moving your fats to the mitochondria to product energy, is anti-aging by slowing the natural aging process, boosts the brain function and mental energy through numerous ways and shown to slow/reverse neurodegenerative diseases. It’s a powerful antioxidant that is fat and liquid soluble, meaning that it can easily reach most parts of the body, including crossing the blood brain barrier. Unlike most supplements, Acetyl L-Carntine shows its benefits, like better focus and sharpness almost instantly (usually within 1-2 hours). It’s also a good way to show supplement sceptics that supplement works and are impatient to wait for the long term benefits. The price is the most competitive as well.The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), normal size and easy to swallow. Personally, I find that I no longer have mental fog and can concentrate for a long time. I also find myself remembering names and things that I am suppose to have forgotten more than 10 years! The suggested dosage is 1-4 capsules. Personally, it’s hard for me to recommend. You probably have to try trial and error. For me, 2 capsules daily are just right. 4 capsules tend to cause overstimulation for me. Taking it too close to sleeping time also makes it difficult to fall asleep. Exercising is a lot easier and my timing for running has definitely improved a lot. Weight maintenance is much easier as you get the energy to go for more workouts. I think the only downside of Acetyl L-Carnitine is that once you get so used to the benefits, you will feel very sluggish and more tired if you stop taking it. However, this is no reason to stop taking! Note that the supplements do contain many flow agents or binders etc. Check out my page for more reviews!

Gives me energy!

Posted by 5263355940042198385 on Jul 23, 2013

I am a 37yo full-time working mom with a 31month toddler. I took this as i was facing an increasing lack of energy that is slowly affecting my daily life. I used to feel refreshed and recharged after a good 6-7hrs sleep, but recent months that just didn't work no matter even if i had a straight 10hrs sleep. i immediately felt completely drained out and ready to hit the bed again after sending my gal to the childcare -- that was like 90mins from i last woke up! After some research i decided to give this a try. I took 2caps of this with 200mg of CoQ10 and Omega3 first thing every morning for a month now, and WOW, this does the trick! i no longer felt drained out and am back to my old self again. I'm so happy and relief this works for me!

Great for energy and sustainable weight loss

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

I originally took this product because it was touted as a way to stay mentally sharp. What I have found is that taking one capsule a day has made me feel more energetic and more interested in exercise. I have lost about 50 pounds over the last 7 years, slowly and sustainably. I have slowly increased my weekly exercise and I credit Acetyl-L-Carnitine. It isn't a stimulant like caffeine. I just feel more alert and willing to exercise when I am taking it. I do find that if I increase my dose to 2 capsules a day, I start to feel anxious and jumpy, but not the way too much caffeine makes me jittery. I have recommended this supplement to others who have also slowly lost weight as a result of being motivated to exercise more and had the same success with their weight not returning. Losing weight slowly doesn't have the appeal of "shedding pounds" but for veteran dieters, the prospect of sustainable weight loss should be recognized as valuable.

It gives me a bit of a mental boost

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

I have been taking 2 tablets a day for a few months. One in the morning and the other in the afternoon. I will say, my mind is sharper and my memory is a bit better. It is also good for muscles including the heart. Give it a few weeks before you judge it. Do not take it too late in the day or it may impact your sleep. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.