Works at a good price

Posted by Reviewer2638624 on Jun 09, 2011

Keep in mind if you are loaded with heavy metals taking a lot of this stuff (over 50mg) could be a bad idea. Large doses will cause a massive redistribution of metals from safe places to unsafe places (brain, heart) which is why many people report adverse reactions. I use this product for chelation but I use it every three hours at 10mg. If I take 150mg I get too many mental symptoms. Potent and effective product.

Cells need this stuff for energy production.

Posted by holyvitaminsbatman on Aug 24, 2012

"Alpha lipoic acid is a fatty acid found naturally inside every cell in the body. It's needed by the body to produce the energy for our body's normal functions. Alpha lipoic acid converts glucose (blood sugar) into energy. Alpha lipoic acid is also an antioxidant, a substance that neutralizes potentially harmful chemicals called free radicals. What makes alpha lipoic acid unique is that it functions in water and fat, unlike the more common antioxidants vitamins C and E, and it appears to be able to recycle antioxidants such as vitamin C and glutathione after they have been used up. Glutathione is an important antioxidant that helps the body eliminate potentially harmful substances. Alpha lipoic acid increases the formation of glutathione." WEb MD

Not a Favorite

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Jun 02, 2008

There's nothing wrong with this product. It works for a number of people. But, after comparing a-Lipoic with r-Lipoic, I'll opt for the r-Lipoic.

ALA

Posted by Reviewer2528751 on Oct 09, 2007

I use this to control blood sugar and it apprears to be working. Great price!

No more stomach aches!

Posted by Reviewer2549409 on Oct 14, 2008

I really noticed a difference in the digestion of food, no more bloating and discomfort with carbs. This product will always be a part of my daily routine.

Laura Houle

Posted by Reviewer1582552 on May 26, 2008

My husband takes this. He was borderline diabetic and this seems to have helped to move him out of that category, along with other vitamins.

Excellent price and great product.

Posted by Springtime on Aug 03, 2013

Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant that's in many foods, and it's made naturally in our bodies. Alpha-lipoic acid protects against free radicals that can damage the lining of blood vessels and helps with type 2 diabetes,also helps to extinguish inflammation, prevents plaque formation in blood vessels, and lowers triglycerides. You can maintain your still-dewy skin if you add every day ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, green tea, niacinamide, and alpha lipoic acid. I recommend this product! Thanks.

great price. great dosage. good for skin.

Posted by Reviewer1967050 on Jan 10, 2010

This is a good dosage. I was having some stomach problems at the beginning with other doses. With 150mg I could work my way up. My skin is so much better now.

great cell detox

Posted by Reviewer1191503 on Apr 27, 2009

My Chiro told me that ALA is a good way to detox the cells. I feel better since I started taking ALA.

Recommended for PCOS

Posted by Konnichiwa on Dec 24, 2015

This powerful antioxidant contributes to regulating your blood-sugar levels because it releases energy by burning glucose, and it also helps make you more insulin sensitive. In addition, it has an effect on weight loss because if the glucose is being used for energy, your body releases less insulin and you store less fat. It also supports your liver function, which helps detoxify unwanted hormones. Check out my other reviews on herbs/supplements I take for PCOS.