• iHerb Note about expiration date: The expiration date on Doctor's Best products is written in this format: MM YY (Month Year)

• Reviews | English

One of the BEST out there !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

Having tried other digestive enzymes, I say with confidence, this is a great enzyme to take. I've suffered with IBS for years. Not any more! Plant based enzymes such as these are more effective. I take 5 with each meal. Every person is different. Some may only need one or two. It's best to try just a few and increase the amount of capsules until your symptoms have gone away. Many doctors say to take just 1 with each meal. That often isn't enough and people are left thinking the enzymes don't work or the brand of capsules is the issue. Take it from me, this works. I've been to surgeons, gastro-docs, natural docs, you name it. Once I began taking this, I am symptom free. Side note:Specific enzymes work on specific foods. You need the right type of enzyme for the foods you want it to break down. Think of the foods you have problems with and then choose a product that contains at least those types of enzymes. Here is a list of the common enzyme types and foods they act on. Digestive enzymes are enzymes that break down food into usable material. The major different types of digestive enzymes are: • amylase – breaks down carbohydrates, starches, and sugars which are prevalent in potatoes, fruits, vegetables, and many snack foods • lactase – breaks down lactose (milk sugars) • alpha-glactosidase – facilitates digestion of beans, legumes, seeds, roots, soy products, and underground stems • protease – breaks down proteins found in meats, nuts, eggs, and cheese • pepsin – breaks down proteins into peptides • peptidase – breaks down small peptide proteins to amino acids • bromelain – derived from pineapple, breaks down a broad spectrum of proteins • papain – derived from raw papaya, broad range of substrates and pH, works well breaking down small and large proteins • lipase – breaks down fats found in most dairy products, nuts, oils, and meat • cellulase – breaks down cellulos, plant fiber; not found in humans.

Finally ...

Posted by Reviewer2327349 on Nov 03, 2007

An enzyme that helps me digest raw veggies ... I do a predominantly raw, vegetarian diet and after having had colon surgery, I now need a little help processing all this raw food. This enzyme is the best I've tried, hands-down!

Digestive Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1648956 on Nov 24, 2007

I have tried other Digestive Enzymes before, but there were side effects. These enzymes increase my energy level and reduce stomach troubles. Also, I use it with CLA and I am losing weight as well.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1602306 on Dec 31, 2008

This is a truly excellent enzyme supplement. I have had a chronically sensitive stomach for years and tried several different enzyme supplements that provided little help. This is the first supplement that has actually made a difference and only requires one caplet before a meal. I have noticed a marked difference in my digestion (even when overindulging in carbohydrates), less bloating, and stomach comfort with cooked and raw foods. I highly recommend this to anyone with digestive troubles or simply wanting to get more nutritional benefit from their diet.

Best digestives

Posted by Reviewer1314434 on Oct 27, 2007

I have used many brands of digestive enzymes. These are the best - low price, full-spectrum enzymes. I no longer suffer discomfort after food.

A. Torz

Posted by Reviewer1828583 on Feb 12, 2008

I suffer from food intolarances and before using this product a lot of my food was passing through my system undigested. Vastly improved since using this excellent product.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is definitely one of the best digestive enzymes and one of the most competitive in pricings. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a high strength digestive blend. Basically, it contains 3x times a normal digestive blend will contain and it’s the highest possible strength available. It also contains specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest every food possible. It comes with 1 billion of probiotics which I think isn’t a lot and it’s unnecessary in an enzyme product but no harm though. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. This product also contains multiple strains of protease and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I take 1 for a normal meal, 2 when I overeat and 3 when I am eating a buffet. Check out my page for more reviews!

Truly the best

Posted by Reviewer2021929 on May 27, 2008

I have been using many different digestive enzymes for about 10 years since having IBS syndrome and I think so far this is the best.

Comparable to the best products

Posted by Reviewer3307313 on Jan 26, 2007

I recently switched from Enzymedica Digest Gold to this product. Digest Gold is one of the best quality non-vegetarian, broad-pH products but has increased in price recently. This one has worked almost as well but costs a lot less.

Instead of Digest Gold...

Posted by Reviewer3328088 on Nov 15, 2007

I tried these as an alternative to Digest Gold and have been very pleased. Same benefit and a lower cost.