• Doctor's Best uses pharmaceutical-grade carnitine fumarate, manufactured by Sigma-Tau of Italy.
    Special Pricing for a Limited Time!

• Customer Ratings

One of Four Great Energy Boosters

Posted by Reviewer2998007 on Feb 05, 2011

I have chronic fatigue associated with low adrenal output, and very early on I found that L-Carnitine, Magnesium, CoQ10, and D-Ribose work excellently to produce energy at the cellular level. I have used this foursome for years; however, recently my pulse rate went up, and I was astonished to find it was the L-carnitine in association with a change in the supplements I was taking for low thyroid. I am told 5 to 9 percent of people may experience an increase in pulse rate when taking L-Carnitine either at the beginning of taking or later. This also happened to me after three years of taking L-Tyrosine (also an amazing energy booster for those with fatigue).

This Carnitine works

Posted by Reviewer2104854 on Aug 25, 2009

It is first and formost value for money. I take two on rising and then 2 just before my run and I find I can literally run kilometers more from 10km to 13km without running out of steam. This observation is immediate. In terms of fat loss, it has been 2 weeks and I am observably leaner. But I will observe more and check back. Clearly though, Carnitine has to be taken in higher doses of about 4 - 6 grams a day and this product makes it economically feasible.

H.C., IA.

Posted by Reviewer1411888 on May 26, 2011

After Angioplasty & prescription Drugs my legs hurt terribly!! After extensive and expensive Test's more drugs, no relief, same paine. I take 2 Best L-Carnetine Fumarate 855 twice dayly and can walk again for miles every day with my dog. I am pain-free and no longer buy expensive prescription drugs! Thank you iHerb for youre extensive 'Information Highway'. Update: 05/26/11; I am now taking 2 855mg L-Carnetine once a day. Feeling great.

Losing weight

Posted by Reviewer2007162 on Oct 11, 2010

I've always worked out and eaten healthy, but have been at pretty much the same weight for most of my adult life. After starting this I gradually lost two dress sizes over a couple of months without changing a thing. I have taken Acetyl L-Carnitine for a while now, and still do, but it doesn't affect my weight like the Fumarate. I take two caps first thing in the morning with my Emergen-c, then take one in the afternoon after lunch. I will definitely continue taking it!

Great for fatigue

Posted by Reviewer2865196 on Oct 28, 2011

I suffer from boughts of fatigue and if I take this w/ L-Tyrosine on an empty stomach, sometimes I have more energy than I know what to do with. It's great!

1st time user

Posted by Reviewer1820789 on May 24, 2011

I have been using L-Carnitine for about 1 week. I swear to God I already have more energy. I no longer feel like I need to have a nap in the middle of the day (I'm only 43!). That was my main readon for trying the product and I'm already convinced. I'll keep you posted on the fat loss. Thank guys! Sonia

Helping with Weight Loss

Posted by Reviewer1797710 on Feb 09, 2008

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the numbers on the scale, the fit of my clothes and how I look since starting this product. I wasn't expecting for it to help so much with weight loss, but it really does and I'm loving it.

Great product

Posted by 5001881945728055873 on Aug 15, 2012

I have been taking this product three months and has helped me in my cardiovascular system. I have cardiomyopathy and has helped in my arrhythmias and significant improved in muscular function.

Don't take if you have thyroid problems!

Posted by Reviewer2002330 on Nov 08, 2012

I didn't do enough research before buying this product. My thyroid gland whas been removed, so I'm taking thyroid hormone replacement meds, and according to some sources, which I found only afterwards (there wasn't any mention of it in the product info), L-carnitine interferes with thyroid hormones. If you have hyperthyroidism, you can take it, but if hypothyroidism or hormone replacement for other reasons, don't take it. Also, the pills are pretty big and thus hard to swallow without food. It's difficult to rate since I only took it a couple of times before realising I shouldn't take it.

Noticed better fat burning results

Posted by Reviewer2603334 on May 05, 2010

I've noticed that I'm burning off more fat especially in the problem areas. I haven't really increased my workload, so I must be doing something different. It could be this.