This is a no

Posted by 4847223854059433741 on Dec 12, 2015

My husband felt sick taking this.

American red yeast rice WILL NOT help cholesterol!

Posted by Reviewer1072654 on Aug 29, 2015

If you're taking this to reduce LDL cholesterol, you are wasting your time and money. All red yeast rice products produced in the USA must BY LAW remove the natural statins which occur in the raw product. Thus, there is ZERO BENEFIT for reducing LDL cholesterol. Think I'm making this up? Look up 'red yeast rice' on Wikipedia, which cites the court cases (presumably initiated by pharmaceutical companies) which outlaw naturally occurring statins in red yeast rice products made in the USA. I'd been taking this product for a year and found no difference in my LDL levels. Now I know why. I'd demand a refund, except this and every other red yeast rice product on iHerb makes no claim to have statin or cholesterol-reducing benefits. To quote the Wikipedia article: "As of 2010, there are at least 30 brands available. Many of these avoid the FDA restriction by not having any appreciable monacolin content. Their labels and websites say no more than 'fermented according to traditional Asian methods' or 'similar to that used in culinary applications.' The labeling on these products often says nothing about cholesterol." Since red yeast rice has no other discernible benefit except as food coloring, you're wasting your money buying such supplements.

Great help

Posted by Reviewer1387167 on Aug 21, 2015

Been having high LDL and triglycerides for the past few years, I watch what I eat and exercise almost daily; still doesn't come down to the normal level. Didn't want to take statin drugs. Have been on this for 2 months and LDL and triglycerides both came down to normal levels.

Works!

Posted by 5576035246901007349 on Aug 16, 2015

Using this product has been much cheaper than the meds my Dr wanted to put me on. Cholesterol went from 248 to 140 in 3 months!

buen producto

Posted by mudanzas-valencia on Aug 04, 2015

interesante producto para colesterol

M Walker

Posted by 5190192029976772139 on May 03, 2015

After taking this product for 5 weeks my husband is having trouble with sore muscles so he has stopped the product now to see if it is connected and I will certainly come back at a later date to advise if this product was connected. I believe this is a good product but perhaps it does not suit my husband

good

Posted by 5464967793782166095 on Apr 30, 2015

good

The product didn't arrive

Posted by 5358434459139141744 on Apr 16, 2015

Sorry to comunicate that until today the product I bought didn't arrive. Do you have a solution for this? Viragini

The supplement so good the FDA wanted to take it away

Posted by Reviewer1829477 on Apr 02, 2014

Its true, look it up! They found out that it was a natural Statin and were afraid of it cutting into their over-priced pharmaceutical sales. I would rather stick to nature myself. You need to be careful with it, because yes, it is truly a natural drug. Honestly, if you read up on new studies about Cholesterol, it can be just as bad to have it be too low as too high. So use caution, use your brain. This is the real deal, don't pop it like candy.

Red Yeast Rice 600 mg,120 Veggie Caps

Posted by 5309338409933001523 on Jan 18, 2014

My cholestrol was 216 before taking the Red yeast Rice. After taking the Red yeast rice for 6 months my cholestrol went down to 167. The doctor was impressed. He said to me what did you do? I said I have been taking Red Yeast Rice. He was encouraged and told me to continue doing what you are doing. I do know you must take one capsule at bedtime, if you don't your drop in your Cholestrol will not be as significant. You must also take CQ10 with it. Doctor's recommendation. Great Product!!